Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

QuilterMomma 03-13-2013 08:20 AM

On the road to progress. Going to get this top finished by the end of April for sure.

marytoddliz 03-13-2013 08:18 PM

Quiltermomma, I love your new avatar, it is great! Pink and green look good together in it.

Vanogay 03-14-2013 12:43 PM

Brat, I was planning on sending my quilt out to be LA'd. A very good friend of mine does my quilting and I help her out by doing the binding (I know - most of you are doing the 'ugh') on her customer's quilts. It's not that the quilting is free, it's less than elsewhere. My partner and I haven't talked about how to do the quilting, so I really don't know if she's doing hers by hand or not. If she wants hers by hand, I would, but it would not be finished in time to make this year or next year's deadline!!!

QuilterMomma 03-14-2013 01:31 PM

Thank you Mary. It is the breast cancer quilt I just made.

Linny 03-15-2013 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5925659)
On the road to progress. Going to get this top finished by the end of April for sure.

Wow! You must be getting caught up....will there be a teaser at some point?.....sure hope so.

Linny 03-15-2013 12:42 PM

Want to add all the best thoughts on your upcoming surgery with a speedy recovery. Keep us posted.

QuilterMomma 03-15-2013 12:53 PM

You are so sweet Linny, I just finished a mystery quilt from the 1st, you could have that one and then I could say I am about done. LOL The teaser would be in the 2013 UFO Sister Thread. I believe them to be your colors.

jillaine 03-16-2013 11:41 AM

Hello everyone! Yes, I'm still alive. Just "fell off the board" for awhile. It's the middle of the month; I've heard from a few of you this month, but please let me know how you're doing. And if you haven't been in touch with your partner, please do so today! As a reminder, here's how to report (along with a suggested schedule to use as a check). TwinRiversFarm wins the "prize" (if there was one) for first to complete her quilt. But she's just going to have to be patient... ;-)

Week 6 (Feb 26): 25% - fabric cut and piecing in progress
Week 13 (April 16): 50% - nearing completion of the top; about to sandwich
Week 19 (May 28): 75% - sandwiched and about to quilt
Week 26 (July 1): 100% - complete and ready to be shipped

-- Jillaine

Vanogay 03-19-2013 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Wanted to show everyone a special something my partner sent me for my birthday. It's a Asian panel and I have used one like it in a quilt, but this may end up being a pillow, who knows. Thanks again, Jane

Elisabrat 03-19-2013 05:02 PM

thanks everyone for your answers. I will quilt it myself. gulp. :)

And the panel is so pretty Vanogay. What a lovely suprise. I have all my blocks finished now to assemble. maybe tomorrow.. I can't back it til next month but would be so lovely to get that finished and ready to quilt. I am NOT rushing that one. I don't mind the binding either. I do the hand stitching in clinic and it takes a few hours out of the morning. makes it go faster which is a good thing.