Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   2013 Quilt for Quilters Swap (Closed) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/2013-quilt-quilters-swap-closed-t208927.html)

Elisabrat 06-24-2013 05:30 AM

TADA! I arrived in Wyoming last night. We survived our great adventure! Its so pretty here I think living here will not be much of a hardship at all (lol). I love country and this is country. I can see many years of happiness here ahead. Jaba was a terrific hostess and cooked a marvelous home cooked dinner last night. Exactly what I had been craving for days. No more burgers blicko ever again or at least for a really long time. I am ready to be in and set up like two days ago. guess patience is a virtue that I was short changed on!

emc1118 06-24-2013 04:51 PM

Marybeth, my package arrived today. Haven't opened it yet, will do that tomorrow as yours should be delivered then. Well that is the plan but I may drive myself crazy before then! Thanks so much!!

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-24-2013 05:38 PM

3 Attachment(s)
WHOOO HOOOO!! I received a stunning beautifully handquilted quilt today from my friend Mindless. If she does this swap again she is the most perfect swap partner that I am now lucky enough to call friend! I took some photos to try and show the TINY stitches she did in the quilt. OMG OMG! I could be knocked over with a feather with how amazingly talented she is! Anyways as I have drooled over others, so may they drool over mine... hehehehe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420941[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]420942[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]420943[/ATTACH] in the colored blocks there is a beautiful flower, and all the white blocks all have a different flower scene, absolutely stunning! Yea, I am in-front of my air conditioner just so I can curl up with it!! hehehe

IrelandDragonQuilting 06-24-2013 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6140341)
TADA! I arrived in Wyoming last night. We survived our great adventure! Its so pretty here I think living here will not be much of a hardship at all (lol). I love country and this is country. I can see many years of happiness here ahead. Jaba was a terrific hostess and cooked a marvelous home cooked dinner last night. Exactly what I had been craving for days. No more burgers blicko ever again or at least for a really long time. I am ready to be in and set up like two days ago. guess patience is a virtue that I was short changed on!

What part are you in?? Welcome to Wyoming!!

zzmom 06-24-2013 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 6141670)
WHOOO HOOOO!! I received a stunning beautifully handquilted quilt today from my friend Mindless. If she does this swap again she is the most perfect swap partner that I am now lucky enough to call friend! I took some photos to try and show the TINY stitches she did in the quilt. OMG OMG! I could be knocked over with a feather with how amazingly talented she is! Anyways as I have drooled over others, so may they drool over mine... hehehehe
[ATTACH=CONFIG]420941[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]420942[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]420943[/ATTACH] in the colored blocks there is a beautiful flower, and all the white blocks all have a different flower scene, absolutely stunning! Yea, I am in-front of my air conditioner just so I can curl up with it!! hehehe

Congratulations on receiving such a gorgeous, thoughtful quilt and new friend! Priceless.

Annaquilts 06-24-2013 06:15 PM

Yes, indeed woohoo! That is a very beautifully hand quilted quilt. Enjoy!

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting (Post 6141670)

shortmom5 06-24-2013 06:23 PM

Such a beautiful quilt, I really love the design!!

mindless 06-24-2013 09:21 PM

just in time for my birthday

3 Attachment(s)
I am so thrilled!!! :D:D:D:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::D:D:DDoing a HAPPY DANCE!!!! The mailman brought me a FABULOUS quilt today from Ireland Dragon Lady!!! It is absolutely gorgeous!!! She did an amazing job!!! And, best of all, I have a new friend!!! Thank you SO MUCH Wendy!!! She also sent an amazing hand made pincushion (she made the pins herself too!!) and the cutest mug rug ever!! I'm going to try to post pics of all the goodies she sent & this amazing quilt.
Now, I must go get a bib.....I'm drooling too. I wish the pictures were better...they just don't do all the beautiful handiwork justice.

nclauri 06-25-2013 01:36 AM

Both quilts are beautiful!

mindless 06-25-2013 06:27 AM

OMG!! :eek::shock: I am a TOTAL IDIOT!!! I meant to say thank you to IrelandDragonQuilting!!! I'm VERY sorry Wendy!!
I must never post after 9:00pm......