Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   3rd Annual Christmas Ornament Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/3rd-annual-christmas-ornament-swap-t200766.html)

marytoddliz 10-10-2012 02:51 PM

I sent out my two today, I have the tracking numbers, they should arrive by Sat, but Sat I will not be here, I will take my laptop and check it when I can. I won't be home until Oct 21st for one day then out again until Oct 28th. then home for 2 or 3 days then I will be doing my Marathon! I have a very very busy few weeks ahead, but I will try and stay informed, and keep everything posted!

One of my ornaments went North East and one went pretty close to due east! Both are regular posters. I hope you like them!

Marybeth

SEGASAL 10-10-2012 05:42 PM

Oh boy! I feel like such a slacker.....I will have to get a move on and get my stuff tomorrow after class! Good thing I have material here that I can use...

mary quilting 10-10-2012 06:14 PM

I sent my 2 out today. One is going north and one is going west.

owlvamp 10-10-2012 07:15 PM

I love seeing all the ornaments. Mine will hopefully go out soon. I will take a picture and try to post it.

cuppy 10-10-2012 07:50 PM

Finishing up my ornaments.... will be mailing out next week. 20 more days or so , we all should have a ornament or two.

cuppy

Anastasia 10-10-2012 08:52 PM

Tried all over to find little boxes for my ornaments.. ok not all over.. tried a couple places.. have to search some more so i can send mine out. Who'd have thought it'd be so hard to find little boxes..

Elisabrat 10-10-2012 11:55 PM

oh my snowmen are adorable I promise to take a pic when they get ON MY TREE.. so cute and the angel is too funny how they sneak into pictures when your not looking.. oh and the snowman door knocker I dont have one of those it will fit nicely. I think whomever is my partner I am very lucky to have. I love everything that is posted. What a creative bunch. Imagine if we had a store we would not have any stock.. we would BUY IT ALL FROM EACH OTHER oh I need one of those and one of these.. or we would get rich because everyone else would see how great they are too and buy us out. short lived carrier but a fun one :)

Happy Tails 10-11-2012 02:24 AM

Elisa, I think that's an awesone idea....I'd be willing to do that!!! See, you aren't such a brat afterall lol.........I don't know if everybody's Walmart does this or not, but I think it's the best thing ever!!! At Costco, where I work and many other retailers, we are always collecting money for the children's hospitals...but Walmart at Christmas time, always has a Senior's tree at the front of their store with round paper ornaments on it. Each ornament has an item that a senior would love to have. Each Christmas I do 2 presents and I always feel so sad and happy at the same time...So sad that I look at their desires and they are so small and I want to buy everybody on the tree their wish but happy that I can at least make 2 people's Christmas day a little brighter. Your idea is wonderful, Onaments from around the globe :) Let me know, I can make one tonight and have it in the mail tomorow....Wendy

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5574938)
OMG everyone is making such cool ornaments. I love: primitives, sparkly, lacey, shiney, embroidered, glued, glittered, felted, um .. I love ornaments. please send six of each. Ladies you should applaud yourself. Its ok if yours isnt as 'fancy' as some othes a lot of us like simple (and shiny and lol) I think they would make a big wonderful decorated christmas tree.. too bad we cant each make one and donate it to say a christmas tree in an elderly home and one of us could go and decorate it. It would be a great gesture. Every year at the home my mom was in people came and decorated a tree for them they had like 10 different groups coming in and setting up their tree for a tree display in the dining room. It was so pretty Just a thought anyone want to do one? I am in if anyone else is. We could make a theme tree.. ok your all busy maybe next year though.

Beeboop71 10-11-2012 07:38 AM

Darlene - Your snowman ornaments are adorable. I am getting anxious and can't wait to receive mine. I love Christmas - it is my favorite holiday. Will definitely be making mine this weekend so I can ship by Monday.

Beeboop71 10-11-2012 07:48 AM

I just wanted to thank rwquilts for posting those beautiful nativity ornaments and giving us the title of the book where she got the pattern from. I just purchased the book from amazon for get this.....34 cents (shipping was $3.99) and received it yesterday. There are some darling Christmas projects in the book. I will be using some of these projects for next year if I do the Christmas Craft show again. I may try to make some nativity ornaments for this December but I have very limited time and have so many others things to finish. I think these would be a great item to sell. Thanks again!