Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

Anastasia 11-07-2012 12:19 PM

KandyApple :) They are legally prescribed pills at least! :) I'm all jacked up in the head, if you haven't noticed from my posts. haha. Mostly in regard to dealing with humans. I don't do it well at all. I'm pretty good at handling it on my own without those pills when I'm not constantly having to deal with humans. Another reason why this job is pretty perfect.. I will be left alone to my own devices and virtually no human interaction. I suppose I should call to verify..I could possibly continue to sit on my arse for awhile longer if I don't eh?

Honestly if you got a theme and color, it'll probably work if you want to get a head start, but then you're going to miss all the fun laterrrrrrrr...

jaba 11-07-2012 04:39 PM

Oh Vanogay you hurt my feelings, I wasn't naughty, actually I thought I was on pretty good behavior. We're going to crash in on Anastasia and celebrate her new job!! Didn't mean to forget you maryt, I know tequilla will help those blisters, you won't even feel them anymore. We need you there, pick you up when I get the "Brat". Dang she's suppose to call me, sure wish she would. Been thinking of her all day......

Vanogay 11-07-2012 05:10 PM

Jaba, didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Whilst we were on the bench, it was all the things we thought of, but didn't do that I was referring to!!! Ready to head for A's when you call - meet you in St Louie...

Anastasia 11-07-2012 06:30 PM

Lucky for you all, I actually kinda cleaned today, did some laundry, did most of the dishes took out all the garbage. This is excessively productive for me. That's apparently what unannounced guests do. Haha. My brother woke me up knocking on my door at around 2pm and just finally left at 8pm, so I had to entertain him, feed him, let him use my washer/dryer, then he got his kid and brought him over so then I had to listen to his kid, feed his kid, smell his kid (he's a new cologne/perfume salesman) listen to them argue over my head to each other to then pass on via text to my other brother ... I have a headache.. But the kitties are happy they have food, and the dog is happy he has food, and my mom is happy cause I brought her the rest of my super delicious lasagna, and the fish will be happy once I put him in his new home and let him have some of his food. I figured he survived a water change and lasted 2 weeks, he must be pretty hardy. The prettier fish I got before him didn't even last overnight, they sold me a fishie with parasites. grrr. He was sooo pretty and rare. ohwell. this one gets super excited when it sees me.. you know how puppies act when you get home? yea like that. So I decided he needs a little bigger home than the containers they sell them in. I kept him in it past the warranty date so that if they try to say it's my water I can be like.. lies.. heheh but he survived. I suppose I could go sew.. but now that I was so productive on the homefront, I feel like doing nothing.

TheMamaHauser 11-07-2012 06:44 PM

We have a HUGE blizzard on it's way by midnight tonight... they're forecasting 11-14" in the next 24 hours (there's no snow currently - it was high 60's yesterday). I am keeping my fingers crossed that the snow isn't too deep tomorrow morning... if I can get out to the school where I do my observations on time, when I leave at 3:05 pm, I will be DONE DONE DONE DONE DONE!!!!! for ALL my observations for this semester! WOOOOO.

And if it snows... well sh!t. That's going to be a problem. But if I can physically get to the school, I'll get to teach the 7th graders how to convert metric weights tomorrow! How much fun is that! I had to go and learn metric weights this morning so I could write a lesson plan about it. Geez louise. We really need to either go metric or go home. It's too darn confusing learning all these different measurement systems. No wonder kids are all, "uh... what?" when you ask them to convert!

AND!!! If I get to school, teach my lesson, and make it home alive, then I can start finishing up my boom blocks, my row swaps, and my table runner... on Saturday! And then again on Sunday, Tuesday, and Thursday! Man o man I cannot wait to have 4 entire days off per week! I'm doing the 'so happy I don't know how to not be a dork about it' dance!

jaba 11-07-2012 07:05 PM

Oh vanogay you are so funny....I think I got you on that one, I liked sittin' on that bench with you. Cross your fingers we're not there this month or then we'll know we really ticked someone off! Anastasia we could have taken out the garbage, etc. but now thanks to your work we have a little walkway. Promise we'll take it all out again before we leave. and mama hauser yup, it's coming our way too. Jeezs I hate that snow anymore, well not the snow it's the cold and wind that goes with it. You better send me a work sheet from class , serious, 'cause I don't know jack or jill for that matter about metric. I have to google it every time to find out what they're saying..Glad I'm not in your class, I can see you shaking your head and saying she needs lots of help. Didn't like math at all, I'm an english major, yet minor in business. Figure that one out..I sure can balance those books and pay the US though, learned that very well.

Anastasia 11-07-2012 07:06 PM

Yea I really need to start thinking in metric units for all my science stuff and I can never remember the conversions. And we did a lot of dimensional analysis (conversions) in my chem class.. That was the hardest part for me. Good luck on the snow.

Vanogay 11-08-2012 01:23 PM

The one that got me was when I had to be admitted to the hospital for my foot surgery - they asked me how many stones I weighed. I really don't know the answer, but the bed they put me in did. Figure that one out. I managed to get a Masters degree without any really high math - no physics at all. And of course I'm retired now, so I really don't give a flip - except if I can get a meter of fabric for the price of a yard, I'll take it!!!!!!:o

TheMamaHauser 11-08-2012 03:47 PM

Stones?! I *think* that's like 20 lbs. Or 20 something... I dunno. Who uses "stones"? That sounds like a third-world unit of measure (I'm being judgmental here, of course).

So... I got that lesson taught and I did in fact survive the drive in almost 2 feet of snow (it started at lunch... 2 feet in about 3 hours!)... and they asked me to join the sub list (aka, the people they call when the teachers call in sick or whatever). That's HUGE!

So I'm giving myself tonight off from homework, sewing, and doing anything that requires brain cells as a reward and then it's fingertips to the grindstone tomorrow!

Anastasia 11-08-2012 04:03 PM

Woohooooooo Kelly!. And my english friend's still use Stones as a person's weight. I find it incredibly offensive.. hahaha. being a fat girl anyways. How many stones do you weight? oh a few boulders. *cry* jk hhehe