Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

LAQUITA 11-08-2012 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Anastasia (Post 5625704)
Heheh. Gosh I gave up keeping track of my UFO's.. and you tattler Brat! Yes, I'm only playing if we have an uneven #.. it only makes sense. So I don't have to worry about finding someone who wants to make 2... And dont' start telling me that crap now cause this is my first let me figure out how to do a 1-1 pairing before I start doing 2-1 or anything else like that. haha.

And.. uh.. I can't tell you why the water is warm..

EWWWW Anastasia, did YOU PEE in the water???? Thats the only way to make it warmer (or so Im told) :) LOL
Im still thinking about it too, don't know if i'll have the time with the holidays and we just brought our 23 yo dd home from the hospital on MOnday after having foot & knee surgery, (re: non weight bearing for 2 months)
so this in it'self is time consuming. That is why I am still thingking about it. Well, that and the reason the water is warm.........:)

Anastasia 11-08-2012 05:46 PM

Just an FYI.. farts make the water warm too.. just sayin.. and uhm.. I can neither confirm nor deny whom, or how, the water is warm. Maybe it's thermonuclear radiation... could be.. could be a natural hot spring.. (in Minnesota? i dunno) could be all the friggin hot air that comes out of my mouth.. hehe.

Oksewnsew 11-08-2012 07:54 PM

OOOOHHHHH! TheMamaHauser, PLEASE send some snow down here.... I LOVE IT! I so miss REAL snow - here in Oklahoma we might have one good snowfall a winter! It's been several years since we've had any to speak of...seems to just go around the mid-section.. I've lived here for 45 yrs and still can't get over the crazy weather we have. I have always loved snow, never missed a day of work, in upper Missouri (many years ago), and we had some doozies..lolo It's been close to 80 last few days, then a 'cold front' is gonna hit Sunday and only be 49!! (and I don't call 49 COLD)...I'm so ready for COLD weather....

Ok, that's all - just wanted to remark about your snow...lol

brenda21 11-08-2012 08:00 PM

ok, popping on to say HELLO since Anastasia doesn't bother with any of the other threads/swaps anymore....passed two rounds of interviews and as long as fingerprints clear, I will be gainfully employed again...YAY...
ummmm....BTW Miss A....WHERE are my GNOMES?:shock: I thought about them today while I was busy creating non sewing projects....anyway, HI EVERYONE:p:D

Anastasia 11-08-2012 08:23 PM

49! that's still shorts weather. Up here in Minnesota we don't put on jackets until it's in the 30's.. hehe I don't mind snow, just don't like it on the roads, but with my truck.. really don't care anymore :D VROOM 4x4.

jaba 11-08-2012 08:48 PM

You do remember 4x4 or not, you still have to stop that VROOM you know? Oh I know, you're one of those in that 4 wheel drive that thinks they can stop on a dime, right....We haven't got snow yet but it's 20 degrees and on its way, suppose to start tonight and go until Sunday late. Can just hardly wait:( hate it! I hybernate all winter, don't care if I ever leave this house. Born in San Diego and it's looking better all the time, keep telling my Dad he shouldn't have sold his house in Palm Desert, and then 2 grand daughters calling me from Okla. saying how nice the weather is, just what I want to hear.
Hi Brenda! you reminded me I don't have any gnomes either...what's up with that do you think???

Anastasia 11-08-2012 09:06 PM

Congrats brenda.. and I have one gnome with a hat and a shirt.. but i haven't picked out his cloak and I realized I forgot to sew on the decorative stitch around his hat before i glued it on.. but they are on my table o' craftingness.

Nooo I'm not a idiot driver. hehe Especially since I had near bald tires until my mommy graciously bought me a new set last winter. So I know how a big ole suburban slliiidddeesss. hehe. But when we had 17" of snow dumped on us, and then more snow and then more snow.. it was real nice to pop 4x4 and just climb over it instead of having to dig myself out and winch myself out, etc.
It's still 43 here and I can do without the snow awhile longer. Ya'll can keep it.

Jaba! I didn't promise you any gnomes! :P

And I've been really people drained and scatterbrained lately that I haven't been doing much of anything but staring into space. You ever get stuck walking around in circles trying to figure out what you wanted, or were going to do? that's kinda where I've been lately. Ooo I should do... get up to do it.. start doing something else I find on the way.. set that down.. do something else.. getting nowhere fast. I did put my fishie in his new home today. He earned it. Survived 3 weeks of me and the cats. Now he needs some tank mates cause he's bored in 5 gallons all by himself. he needs someone to pick on, so I think I'm gonna find a small algae eater for him to pester.

travelinggramma 11-09-2012 07:25 AM

[QUOTE=and they asked me to join the sub list (aka, the people they call when the teachers call in sick or whatever). That's HUGE! ![/QUOTE]

Congrats to you - that is HUGE - more than a stone - bigger than a boulder!! Really happy when someone gets a foot in the door!

travelinggramma 11-09-2012 07:29 AM

"You ever get stuck walking around in circles trying to figure out what you wanted, or were going to do? that's kinda where I've been lately. Ooo I should do... get up to do it.. start doing something else I find on the way.. set that down.. do something else.. getting nowhere fast."
A - sure do know this one - it has my name written all over it. I have more UFO at work than I can count cause my boss always interrupts me with another of her "gotta have this now" project. At home I spend more time picking up after hubby and his messes - and then if I take time to clean house my sewing area is a mess. Not sure how that happens - but maybe having one too many projects! Oh well that is what makes us women roar! (and drink)(and eat chocolate).....

Oksewnsew 11-09-2012 07:46 AM

And then we wonder why we're tired, and nothing really got finished.. We all seem to do it, regardless of age.:D