Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

Quercus Rubra 12-02-2012 08:53 AM

Well Phewww.... I thought I had a pattern to work with but it won't without some serious re-working. My brain just can't handle that these days. So Now I must resume my hunt ... so glad this isn't "Due" 'til Jan. lol

Toodles,
Tricia

Vanogay 12-02-2012 09:34 AM

To those of you interested in the table runner I showed some pages back - the pattern says Fat quarter Table Runner II copyright 2005 Out of the Box. That's all and I wouldn't have any idea how to get another copy of it. I think mine is probably a pirated copy as well, though.

Robinlee 12-02-2012 12:45 PM

Hello everyone, thought I would make an appearance.... I don't always get a chance to chat, but I do try read all the posts as I receive them.
No, I haven't started my table runner yet....have to rethink the color scheme, my swapper has a different color scheme then a winter scheme. I will start after Christmas.
So a little about me.....I work full time in town, 25 miles away. We just bought this house last December, and now that my hubby is home from the hi way construction season for winter. He has plans to get the remodeling done NOW. So my quilting has slowed some.
Have worked on some machine embroidery/quilting gifts and LAQ our DS quilt last weekend, still have binding to do, but it will be done before Christmas.
Went through Christmas decorations/lights yesterday. Hope to get up this afternoon. First Christmas tree in a house in 2 years.....can't wait.
When I get things finished here, my kitchen has chicken-farm theme, living room is cream/ cranberry or maroon/withe a touch of hunter green. Still deciding on bedrooms. We are remodeling a large a small bedroom into a master suite with walkin closent. DH has removed 2 Windows out of new closent room and has filled in with siding/insulation/Sheetrock and is tape and texture today, so I will be painting soon. Then I hope he just works on closent insides till after Christmas.
I was drawn to this swap because of the Winter scene title.....with that being said, I collect snowman and decorate throughout with them and snow flakes. My favorite color is Blues and cream. But have been know to have greens mixed in somewhere.
Next to collecting snowmen, I also have a collection of Campbell soup stuff and. A very large collection of Thimbles. I also have a large collection of Denim kids from Home Interior.
My favorite favorite fabric designer is Holly Taylor and Nancy Halverson. So I have a few collections of their fabrics. Plus a lot of western/country, snow flakes/snowmen fabrics. I have about 50 blocks to go on the Farmers Wife Sampler-using Kansas troubles fabrics with some addition fabrics that are similar.

Well this is a little about me....ohhhhh I have 3 DK's of mine own and 2 stepson's. and 8 DGC and one 4 month old puppy named Shelby.

I am hoping to learn a little more about my swapper, so I can have more of an idea for a design/color.

I hope don't sound too boring.....your quilting table runner pal

marytoddliz 12-02-2012 01:20 PM

Well I am finally able to Breathe again! Show was wonderful, made about $200. and got some orders YEAH! one order is for a quilt! I do a lot of tee shirt quilts, and often find people who have a drawer full of tee shirts that they collect and leave in a drawer... Any way this lady is from Iowa and will be sending me all her son's Soccer Tee's. I like getting work that does not have to be ready for the holidays! I also got some orders for some Cowboy Aprons! I make Aprons out of recycled Jeans, they are so cute and a very good item I have at the Craft Fair. I want to post a lot more of my stuff on Etsy and my Face book account, but no Camera yet! GRRRR... I told hubby we really need to get one!

But my very best Seller was a wine coaster that we make. Some are made with NFL fabric and some were made of Christmas fabric, both sold really well. We were asking $1.75 each and if you buy 5 you got the 6th one free.

I also sold some really cute Mug Rugs. I used cookie fabric and Cow print (black and white) then put on the mat with my embroidery machine, Moo & Cookies! Sold about 5 of them! for $5.00

So I am going to mail my Table topper in the morning but I am going to put a Mug Rug in with the table topper, since my theme was Apple Pie and not really winter! I was feeling a bit guilty for going against the theme, but Linda~Brat yelled at me and said anyone would be glad to get an Apple Pie Table topper... So if you get it and are disappointed ... Blame Linda hehe, hehe, hehe....

Elisabrat 12-02-2012 04:43 PM

Me? ME? a brat! why I am.. yes yes I am. :) As to who wouldnt like apples I said send it to me if I remember which I never do. but please do I like apples just fine. Oh and snowmen send me the snowmen too that sounds lovely and with cowboy hats? I am totally in :) I have lots of cowboy stuff so snowmen in cowboy hats makes perfectly good sense to me. and welcome new quilter to the swap world. You will love it! I hope you do end up with snowmen glad your making your shout out now. or at least blues and whites! I have one down one to go and my partner for the second table runner does not want blue or white so that is the clue of the day. one did one didnt. whoopie that should narrow it down right away or maybe not so much. I sure am glad your posting and hope that others are also posting Robinlee because well I have the worst memory on the planet or in the QB and getting to know people is highly helpful when trying to make something you would like. I get it then I forget it. so post post post :) just for you know.. me-be's.

Marybeth CONGRATS! on your sales. Funny how its the oddest things that just go. Good thing you worked so hard on them in the last minute Did your ornaments buckets sell ? they were very cute. I think you need to rent a camera take pics for the board here and sell your stuff. Its pretty darned cute. Gift shopping at the forum! beats the mall and I am all for original. No time to do all the things my brain says Oh I can make that. worse yet sometimes I just ..can't. Bought an ornament from a lady 40.00 each. This was 15 yrs ago yikes. Bear in a velvet shawl and fur boa. My friend and i said oh we can make these so much cheaper. so we bought little bears velvet feather boa sorry not fur feather and proceeded to make the UGLIEST little bears ever. Lesson was expensive and learned still say if I like it buy it if I can afford it. No more expensive mistakes :) just pulled that bear out and you know she is still pretty in my vintage sleigh .

jaba 12-02-2012 06:03 PM

Missed you Marybeth glad you're back on the board and so happy your sale went well for you. Need to call you a little later after you're rested a couple of days. Got a question on the embroidery stuff, but I have started (yesterday) and made blocks for a quilt. I was pretty proud of myself I must say, big step for me.

Vanogay 12-03-2012 02:33 PM

Jaba, what kind of embroidery machine are you using? I have a Brother and just love it. Really enjoy whatever it puts out for me.

jaba 12-03-2012 03:14 PM

Vanogay, I have a brother and a singer. The one I started to use was the brother. I wanted to get some patterns from their web site but can't figure out how to download to my computer and machine. Just been using the ones that come built in.
Has anyone sent their runner or mat yet except me? Maybe I should have waited for awhile. She got it but I still have not heard if she really did, maybe she's on vacation, or she didn't like it. Would be very nice to hear it's at her house though. I'd gladly make her another one if she wants and she can send the one I sent back if it's not what she likes.

Vanogay 12-03-2012 03:17 PM

Looks like we're onto another where there isn't any acknowledgement of gift received. People PLEASE respond that you got your table runner (or whatever the package is). It's pretty uncomfortable to mail something, not hear if it arrived and worry that it has gone astray. Plus our original page rules state that you need to send a PM to acknowledge.
Sorry, on my soap box. I'm off.

dabbler312 12-03-2012 09:45 PM

Wish I had an embroidery machine - I almost purchased one a few weeks ago and talked myself out of it. I don't know how much I would use one so couldn't justify the large expense this time of year. You fellow threaders that have the machines do wonderful work with the stuff I've seen. Maybe some day - just not yet.