Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Anastasia's Table Runner/Topper Swap - Signup Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/anastasias-table-runner-topper-swap-signup-closed-t204241.html)

dabbler312 01-04-2013 09:33 AM

DustysMomma good luck at the doctors office - nothing but good thoughts sent your way. We should find a day for all of us to put on our pinks and fight like girls - because we can - strength in numbers ladies.

QuilterMomma 01-04-2013 09:48 AM

I got mine partly done now. I am going to book now. Should mail by end of next week so she gets it sooner than the 15th.

buslady 01-04-2013 10:08 AM

You guys crack me up! My table runner just went to the PO. It is going South. Then maybe a little east or west. Not sure, have to get my map out. LOL. No tats for me. I keep threatening, but chicken out every time. I'd like an ankle bracelet. I am "big boned" and can never find them long enough to go around my size 11 holder thinky (ankle).

QuilterMomma 01-04-2013 10:43 AM

flying geese and applique are in the process. Oh this is going to be good, it matches my house decor will be hard to get past dh I think, at least my partner will be able to use it all year if she wants. Colors should be ok to do so, good way to think of winter all seasons long or was that any season all season long, hmmmm, just to keep her guessing.

lynnie 01-04-2013 02:41 PM

Marytoddliz, i got my first tat when i was 16, back in 1975.
i wanted one sice i was three. It cost me $15.00 back then.
My others, i barterd for. Did a full back demin shirt emb for the guy.

DustysMomma 01-04-2013 05:22 PM

MamaHauser, I stay away from tax prep. I'm a management accountant. I'm the one who does all the internal accounting for businesses. Honestly, CPA's usually nearly make me break out in a rash, lol.

I did get good news, and good news today. Which would you like first? OK, the mammogram follow up's preliminary report says I'm clean. I'll have the final report in a few days once the radiology supervisor also reviews it. I gotta say, that woman hurt me this morning with her machine. OK, the other good news is that I got an email from an old supervisor this morning. She said her equivalent in another segment of the company contacted her asking about me this morning because she's got 2 openings in her department, and that I should get in touch with her. So, after being out of work since July, I finally may have a job. I interview with her tomorrow.

Oh yeah, bonus good news....my sewing table came today! :D Now if I can get someone to put it together for me, lol!

jaba 01-04-2013 08:13 PM

DustysMomma so very happy to hear that good news also comes in threes. Looks like the number 4 (for the 4th) is certainly your number. Congrats on all the good news, just awesome.

nancia 01-04-2013 09:24 PM

yay!!!!! all great news! which table did you get?

DustysMomma 01-05-2013 04:50 AM

Nancia, it is all great news! Here's a link to the table I got...http://www.joann.com/sew-essentials-...e/xprd1134127/

I had to have something that would fold away for when we have company, but I also wanted enough table space to be able to cut on it and be able to store my machine there as well. I could have gotten something cheaper, but it would have only gotten the table top with no storage space, or gotten the storage space with little table space. Fingers crossed that I love it when it's put together!

Now I have to work on fabric storage. We have very little storage in our kitchen, so we keep our Kitchen-aid mixer in its box in the guest room closet, which is also where all my fabric is. My boyfriend took it out to make bread and frikadeller (Danish style meatballs you can also squash into patties and pan sear...YUM!) before Christmas and decided it was too much trouble to move my fabric to put it back. The closet has been open with fabric spilling out ever since he pulled the mixer out. Then we went to Denmark and I bought more fabric remnants, and I bought 3 more pieces a couple days ago on the local yard sale group on Facebook. My boyfriend is an engineer, so the time for even organized and sorted bags is about up.

lynnie 01-05-2013 07:38 AM

Dustys... vreat news, we're all doing the happydance for you.