Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   April FQ (Fat Quarter) Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/april-fq-fat-quarter-swap-t217632.html)

sistahdebbra 04-15-2013 11:26 AM

My FQs going to the PostOffice tomorrow. They will be swinging from their state tree, Pecan tree and a Tulip tree, so be on the look out.

sustraley 04-15-2013 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you queen of 2802. Love the batiks. Great colors.

sikesjj 04-15-2013 06:01 PM

Is that cross stitch? That is beautiful!

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 6000527)
Hey Brat, embroidery and quilting DO match and go together very well. Attached is a picture of one I did some time back. It is the Lavender and Lace Quilting Lady and I used some older patterns (churn dash, 9-patch, etc) to make the quilt around it. Started it many, many years ago and finished it in 2009 for a local challenge. Embroidery and quilting may go together, but it sure took me longer to finish than just a regular quilt. I'm doing another one, but I'm using my embroidery machine to do that work - it's in the process of finishing. Pictures later somewhere on the board.

Lstew2212 04-15-2013 06:15 PM

Everybodies FQ's are looking great. I am still dreaming of the projects I can make when my Batiks arrive.

Elisabrat 04-15-2013 07:08 PM

notice brat made no comments on her empty mail box.. nope not this brat. turning over a new leaf in life.. not making any noise about things not arriving.. nope not me. not now .. no how.. nope not sitting outside the mailbox waiting to hear a ping on the other side even when its raining outside and I am in a rain slicker oops I mean if I was to do that, which I wouldnt since I have turned over some darned friggen leaf.. yup I am patiently waiting no noise what so ever. pat me on the back why don't ya?

lovely batiks coming in as always.. this is a terrific swap I cant wait to figure out what next months swap will be... but nope patient will not even begin to hint to ask to wonder what might I need to stock up on now nope not me..

queenof2802 04-15-2013 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by sustraley (Post 6004202)
Thank you queen of 2802. Love the batiks. Great colors.

You are very welcome! I really liked them once I got them. I ordered them from a little shop on ebay. Wasn't sure how they were really going to look in person.

I got a package today. I will post tomorrow. Monday's are very long for me through the first of May. I work until 5. After that I am participating in a 6 week class from church. It is called Apples of Gold. We are learning how to be better Women of God. I am loving it. This week's class was called How to love our children. Very eye opening. I didn't think I would do the class because I am in my 40's, been married for 22 years, and my kids are almost grown. Well, I am eating my words.

Anyways, I am not in my corner today. Will be tomorrow. Since I worked 1/2 day on Sat, I work 1/2 day tomorrow.

ljdugas31 04-16-2013 08:23 AM

MaryMo THANK YOU!!!!! BEAUTIFUL!! Batiks I love them !!!! Great color choice!!!!!!!

sikesjj 04-16-2013 12:57 PM

Brat I am empty handed also. On a bright note I got my Georgia travel guide for my anniversary trip in June, now I want to visit the whole state. Its been two years since we have took a trip without the little ones, I am excited!

tlambing 04-16-2013 01:14 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I received these pretty batiks over the wknd. Unfortunately the sender didn't send their board name...so, I'm not sure who to thank. But, thank you whoever you might be I really like them and the little notebook/journal too :)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]408484[/ATTACH]

tracibug 04-16-2013 03:07 PM

Glad you liked them... it kills me to part with batiks but somehow I managed!! Enjoy!!

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 6003117)
Here are the lovely and brightly fun batiks I got from Tracibug on Saturday!!! I LOVE THEM!!! Hubby said they all look alike...HA!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]408287[/ATTACH]