Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Batik Block Swap 12.5 - Signups thru 5-31-13 - Due 7-31-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/batik-block-swap-12-5-signups-thru-5-31-13-due-7-31-13-a-t218860.html)

squires1042 05-02-2013 10:36 AM

great colors so far I am really looking forward to this one. Have my designs ready just have to sit down and start sewing. This weekend should be fairly quiet for me so fingers crossed.

createfourpaws 05-02-2013 11:09 AM

I still haven't figured out what blocks I am going to make, have the fabric figured out, went and bought the light colored batiks last weekend. This weekend will be finishing up another swap, then I will figure out what blocks I am going to make.

Mariposa 05-02-2013 03:10 PM

nice blocks mama!! :)

tracibug 05-03-2013 11:53 AM

Gorgeous blocks...

I received notice that Linda has shipped her blocks... phew. I'm jealous...

On a side note: I am moving in June so please PM me for an address before mailing your blocks. This move is so up in the air I am unsure if I will be staying in CA, moving back to MN, putting my stuff in storage and squatting on a couch for a few months, getting a divorce, etc., etc. It's all a huge mess that has no good options and the timing is HORRIBLE.

I will likely have them sent to a friend (on the QB) so they will all be unaffected by my chaos.

Thank you...

createfourpaws 05-03-2013 01:00 PM

2 Attachment(s)
here is a couple of small wall hangings I have done to give away at my Eastern Star Meeting tonight. The batik fabric in these are in my purple gumball quilt I have done.

I love my batiks more each time I use them. The gumball has 20 different purple batiks in it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]411562[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]411564[/ATTACH]

and the gumball quilt is now my avatar.

tracibug 05-03-2013 02:08 PM

Cindy- Those are beautiful and so is the gumball quilt!!

Mariposa 05-03-2013 03:25 PM

Cindy, your blocks are beautiful, and your gumball quilt is so fun! ;)

tracibug 05-07-2013 03:44 PM

Batiks need a little bump and a few more players!! Recruit your friends!! :)

TheMamaHauser 05-07-2013 07:19 PM

I pimped the swap on the Pacific Boomerang group... lots of us in there are saying we're bored because our blocks are all sewn!

Elisabrat 05-08-2013 05:44 AM

Kelly told you to come join the summer fun swap. tried to get those bored people over there.. they were not running :( but we still ended up with 35 swappers so I think we did great :) I am not sure I am going to be able to do this swap even though I signed up. I have to get my big commitments done and time is slipping right out under my fingers. I am feeling .. choked right now but will get back into the grove. I have not missed a single mail date yet so just need a push. Also Kelly I adore your cream beige batiks. you have a superb collection of them. send the scraps to me! you know Jaba and I were checking them out in the quilt store yesterday unable to find your color tones.. both of us looked because you enticed us. where did you find them they ware warmer beige I think or its the computer that deceives us.