Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Batik Block Swap - Signups thru 2-15-13 - Due 2-28-13 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/batik-block-swap-signups-thru-2-15-13-due-2-28-13-a-t207263.html)

Elisabrat 02-02-2013 08:45 PM

Jan doesnt your book 501 quilt blocks have tons of 10.5 inch blocks? I recall seeing oodles in there :)

lovely swap see I get confused really easily. these sets mixs not mixs the whole thing turns my mind sideways or i would have joined you. Instead I will watch and drool with the rest of the watchers. I love that orange and green block posted says fall totally to me.. like get in my quilt fall.

Quiltermomma you said you were saying no to swapping for a while.. saw you looking :) I am over knee deep in swaps right now so I am working hard at saying no. its a new concept for me. not sure its working.

tracibug 02-02-2013 10:28 PM

I have no experience with paper piecing so have no preference. Anyone else?

Originally Posted by plainpat (Post 5832650)
If blocks are paper pieced,do you leave the paper on? Most swaps do because it's easier to sew blocks together before removing paper.Sorry if this has been asked before.

tracibug 02-02-2013 10:30 PM

Linda-

Maybe we should send next Sunday sewing batik blocks and pig undies!!! The blocks for this swap are next on my to-do list. Of course, writing my 3-5 page final research paper so I can finish my bachelor's degree that is due next Tuesday should also be up there but I do my best work when I'm under the gun!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5833988)
Jan doesnt your book 501 quilt blocks have tons of 10.5 inch blocks? I recall seeing oodles in there :)

lovely swap see I get confused really easily. these sets mixs not mixs the whole thing turns my mind sideways or i would have joined you. Instead I will watch and drool with the rest of the watchers. I love that orange and green block posted says fall totally to me.. like get in my quilt fall.

Quiltermomma you said you were saying no to swapping for a while.. saw you looking :) I am over knee deep in swaps right now so I am working hard at saying no. its a new concept for me. not sure its working.

Elisabrat 02-03-2013 05:54 AM

I think I do too that or when there is no rush at all it suddenly just comes to me. And they are fresh out of piggy undie patterns shoot. My table is so small all we can make is a mess I think.

I love the blocks your guys are posting all of them are so great and the batiks are all going to go together beautifully. Batik envy here...sigh. lovely lovely work. I have enough batik fabric to sew A block together Traci. I am just getting into it. I gifted all my sewing things away last spring and am slowly rebuilding now.

jaba 02-03-2013 08:36 AM

Brat, yup the book has lots, just not the Goshen Star and I was hoping to find it in a 12" for the Boom swaps, but it doesn't come in that size. I haven't taken the time to see if I could figure out how to make it bigger, some you can, some you can't. Guess I need to buy a program or something. Don't even know if they do that. Computer savvy might help, never had it and don't think it's coming my way anytime soon.

mom-6 02-04-2013 07:32 AM

Jaba - one way to enlarge a block is to take the pattern to a copy center and enlarge the copy to the size you want. That won't give you cutting dimensions but if you just add the 1/4" seam allowance around hopefully you can figure it out.

mom-6 02-04-2013 07:38 AM

Oh here's a link ( I hope) to a 12" Goshen Star block

http://quilting.about.com/od/blockof...ck-Pattern.htm

Crafty3790 02-04-2013 08:00 PM

I haven't swapped in awhile but would love to do this one please sign me up. 3 sets

tracibug 02-04-2013 10:00 PM

Will do... please send me a PM with your contact information. Glad to have you join us!!

Originally Posted by Crafty3790 (Post 5839030)
I haven't swapped in awhile but would love to do this one please sign me up. 3 sets

tracibug 02-05-2013 03:34 PM

My apologies in not thinking of this sooner... if anyone is interested in adding a batik twist to their swap, let me know and we can work out the logistics. This is optional, of course!

When you send your swap, you can also send a ziploc bag with 6 - 2 1/2" strips of one batik fabric. Send up to 6 bags per person. I'll swap and send those back with your blocks.

How's everybody's blocks coming?