Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 5.0-NORTH Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-5-0-north-group-t120542.html)

montanablu 08-16-2011 08:38 AM

Nice blocks! You're right - that is going to be one beautiful quilt!

PokerDiva 08-16-2011 08:56 AM

Ditto. We probably all feel the same.

Originally Posted by MFQS
Lillie - please don't worry about my block. I agree... add it to your stash then when things get better with your family make YOURSELF a quilt from all of them and wrap up in it. We're all in this together!

materialgrl 08-16-2011 03:27 PM

Me too.lillie don't feel you need to send me one .maybe things will be better for the next one.Just add my fat 8 to your stash.I hope life treats you kindly.prayers.Sandy

paintmejudy 08-16-2011 04:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wanted to share this with all of my fellow swappers. After the swaps are done, we have all these little pieces of fabric. I have decided what to do with them. I did a tutorial for this block called X Marks the Spot under the "Tutorials" section. I plan on making miles and miles of strips and make another quilt out of all my little leftovers. Not too fond of this border, so the next scrappy border will be a bit more planned!

bolin0909 08-16-2011 04:41 PM

Same for me too. Add to the stash!

Larissa

Originally Posted by montanablu

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Hi Ladies
I received the following note from Lillie:

"Please note to all that I will not be sending a fat eigth for this swap. I will be sending out each person's made block by the deadline."

She has had to deal with some issues within her family this time around.
Hugs
April

April,

Please tell Lillie that a block is not necessary for me. She has family to take care of & they come first. Just have her add the F8 to her own stash for future use. I really would prefer she not bother with making mine.
Let her know too, that I'm keeping her & her family in my prayers. Hope all is well soon!

Cindy

fromzstore 08-16-2011 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by bolin0909
Same for me too. Add to the stash!

Larissa

Originally Posted by montanablu

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella
Hi Ladies
I received the following note from Lillie:

"Please note to all that I will not be sending a fat eigth for this swap. I will be sending out each person's made block by the deadline."

She has had to deal with some issues within her family this time around.
HugsSame for me to
April

April,

Please tell Lillie that a block is not necessary for me. She has family to take care of & they come first. Just have her add the F8 to her own stash for future use. I really would prefer she not bother with making mine.
Let her know too, that I'm keeping her & her family in my prayers. Hope all is well soon!

Cindy

MFQS 08-16-2011 06:59 PM

What a great idea! I started making pinwheels with the leftover f8's and one of the fabrics I used in the grown-ups but there wasn't always enough for a pin wheel. There's ALWAYS a piece big enough for a quilt like this, though.

Havplenty 08-16-2011 07:35 PM

the basket is from havplenty.

Originally Posted by MFQS
It's been a while since my last picture post. Here are the 12 blocks I've received since then. Top to bottom, left to right...

Craft Phanatic, Montanablu, LauraEllen,
(unknown), AngieS, JudyVA
Karen Patrick, Bolin0909, Ok Darla

Please let me know who did the beautiful basket block center left. PattiS47 suggested I put my online name in the seam allowance of each of the grown-ups I return. I think that's a good idea for all of us.

My quilt's going to be beautiful, ladies. You'll all help keep me and my husband warm this winter!

Havplenty 08-16-2011 07:40 PM

my leftover scraps get cut into 1.5" stamps to be used for other swaps or future projects, maybe even a postage stamp quilt someday. if there is a big enough piece leftover, it gets cut into 2.5" strips for future use and the rest of the scraps are in a bag for a future pif board giveaway.

i must admit i am not a true scrap keeper but others benefit from my scraplessness (is that a word) so it all works out by my thinking. :-)

MFQS 08-17-2011 05:32 AM

Wow, the only postage stamp sized things I want to work with are on the outside of envelopes!