Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 7.0-WATER Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-7-0-water-group-t182720.html)

QuiltingKrazy 03-19-2012 05:46 PM

Jackpot! I received squishies from Abby's mom, Abonda, Cyndi H, dove911,goldengod55, ljdugas31, scrapquilt,

ljdugas31 03-19-2012 06:42 PM

WOW received lots of mail!!! Mosher 92,scrappyquilt,cyndih,dove911,goldendog55,and jaba Beautiful fabric!!!! Love it all

wendsy 03-19-2012 07:40 PM

Just to let everyone know when sending squishes (especially to me) if it gets caught in a machine along the way, more postage is needed. I find that if you fold the material the fit the envelope you have a better chance of it arriving fine. The machines around me must love to eat the envelopes-I have had to pay postage due on a few envelopes that have "tread" marks on them-the envelopes were taller than the 1/4" permitted by the 45 or 65 stamp. The clerk at my post office told me that the 45 stamp was for paper correspondence, nothing else-and they are pretty strict. I found a larger envelope, business sizes (for the F8ths) or 4 X 6 (for the finished blocks-those seams can get thick!)work well and I've been able to send them off for regular postage. Flatter is better

Lv2sew2011 03-19-2012 07:57 PM

I just received a few F8 all just had the 45 cent stamp and made it to my house without any problems, it amazes me when every PO if different in there rules....
Donna

Originally Posted by wendsy (Post 5074828)
Just to let everyone know when sending squishes (especially to me) if it gets caught in a machine along the way, more postage is needed. I find that if you fold the material the fit the envelope you have a better chance of it arriving fine. The machines around me must love to eat the envelopes-I have had to pay postage due on a few envelopes that have "tread" marks on them-the envelopes were taller than the 1/4" permitted by the 45 or 65 stamp. The clerk at my post office told me that the 45 stamp was for paper correspondence, nothing else-and they are pretty strict. I found a larger envelope, business sizes (for the F8ths) or 4 X 6 (for the finished blocks-those seams can get thick!)work well and I've been able to send them off for regular postage. Flatter is better

sew1096 03-19-2012 08:44 PM

Hurray I received more squishies today. I got beautiful fabric from...

goldendog55
sustraley
Mosher92
jaba
Scrapquilt

I'll make all your blocks this coming weekend.

goldendog55 03-19-2012 09:36 PM

Just wanted to let you know that I have received f8s from:Abby's Mom, abonda, Cyndi H, dove911, jaba, ljdugas31, and Scrapquilt. Such nice fabrics!

abonda 03-20-2012 04:02 AM

WENDSY...... I hope you did not have to pay extra for mine. If you did please pm me and I will send you the extra postage and a little something for your trouble.

sustraley 03-20-2012 04:24 AM

Yea, I don't understand why each post office is different. I took my envelopes to my local post office. Of the two employees there at the time, I pretty much got two different answers. One said "I don't know" and the other one said they were fine. So I always put on an extra 20 cent stamp so the envelopes don't go throught the machines. If anyone had to pay extra, please let me know.

wendsy 03-20-2012 08:27 AM

I went to the post office and sent everything for 45-the problem is on my end, there are machines for mail coming my way eat the envelopes that have too thick area-today's mail came through fine, it's just picky machines and clerks. A side note: the extra 20 cents for hand cancelling only works in the initial post office otherwise it still goes through the machines. Most envelopes have come through find, it's the extra thick ones that gum-up the works that extra postage is needed for.

Received 2 today just fine:)
Mosher92
Abonda

NCquilter 03-20-2012 12:20 PM

I received F8's today from:
CharlotteMarie
Mosher92
sustraley

Tomorrow I'm sending some finished blocks back to their homes. I'll post tomorrow to let you know which ones will be mailed out.

Also, let me know if I owe anyone any postage. My postal worker said 45 cents was fine, but if you owe, PM me.