Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 7.0-WATER Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-7-0-water-group-t182720.html)

dungeonquilter 06-17-2012 10:44 AM

I have received lovely blocks from:

ssnare
jaba
ljdugas31
Cindi H
scrapquilt
joanelizbay
abonda
CharlotteMarie
goldendog55
Roda
LV2sew2011
Jupiter
bibliostone
dove911
Sandynorm
sew1096
1000projects
Abby’s Mom
Mosher92
daisey
Roseysue

oldcatlady 06-17-2012 03:32 PM

I'm still here, just really,really behind. I can't believe 15-20 yrs ago I thought it was a good idea to border my property with perennial flower beds! I guess I never thought I would have such a bad back that it would take me 10 times longer to take care of them :( I'm still working on my May DQ. When that is done, all my concentration is going to the Boom. I put the DQ and Monthly Bee swaps on hold for now. I numbered all the F8s as they came in and that will be the order I finish them. If any one needs theirs earlier for a special project, just let me know!

Jupiter 06-18-2012 09:43 AM

We are just home from a short vacation. I have several very interesting envelopes to open. Will post photos shortly!

hugs, Jup

bibliostone 06-18-2012 07:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I've recently received these lovely blocks. Thanks!

from ncquilter:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]343048[/ATTACH]

from missgigglewings:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]343049[/ATTACH]

from daisey (I don't think I posted this when it came):
[ATTACH=CONFIG]343051[/ATTACH]

eagleoneowl2u2 06-18-2012 11:31 PM

I am alive and kicking and reading. LOL I am finishing up the modern mini swap and June doll quilt swap and then I am starting on everyone's blocks. That I got, but the only person that I have not received a block from is: LVsew2011. Is she still in the swap? And if LVSew2011 is reading this I have not got your block if you sent it. And I have received many beautiful blocks from a lot of ladies. And my kids thought they were helping me by opening up the mail when they knew it contained a block in it. But what they did not help me on was keeping the envelopes so that way I knew who sent what. So ladies who knows already that you sent me my blocks please accept my apologies for not letting you know I received them and also THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!! on some BEAUTIFUL QUILT BLOCKS,
Hope everyone had a wonderful week and Happy Quilting!!

eagleoneowl2u2 06-19-2012 04:00 AM

I was told by my post office it is only 65 cents to send them that if anyone tells me other wise to let her know. She said that even if it is in the large envelope, not the large manila kind, smaller then that, it is still 65 cents. I was told in the past you take the letter to them they will try to charge you more because when it cannot go through the machine to sort and send out that way, this way, the 65 cent one means that they actually have to physically sort it out themselves.
I would just use a legal size envelope, wrap the block in what everyone has and put 65 cent stamp on it and mail it I pretty sure no one will have to pay to get their block. Good luck

Originally Posted by Lv2sew2011 (Post 5284179)
That's crazy and very disappointing! In our post offices, yesterday when I went to mail the rest of my F8 out the lady told me it was a 20 cent surcharge and I said for what she said because it won't fit through the thingy they used. And I said funny since I've been sending out letter envelopes for almost 1 1/2 year and never had any problems. So I said can you show me the thing you use to measure the envelopes and put one through it so I can see for myself that it wont fit. So she did and she said whoa it does fit with no problems and refunded my 20 cents back, so as long as they fit through that gap it should go for 45 cents....But I don't know about the Canada post offices but I'm tired of being ripped off by people money is hard to come by these days and I've had enough...
Now when I send my finish block back I do add the 20 cents because the thread seems to make it more thicker and I don't want it returned.

Donna

daisey 06-19-2012 05:16 AM

Exactly...65 cents..it mainly has to do on whether they handle it or process through machines, there is a chance if its even slightly too thick it could get eaten going through the sorters..so by doing the 65 cents you dont have to worrry since they wont send it through the machines...My husband is a mail carrier and if you argue with the po they will give you a choice but they warn you it may not work and so why take a chance with your hard work and the possibility of someone else having to pay...sometimes in the end its the carriers choice on whether to charge the recipient..and they dont like to do that.

Lv2sew2011 06-19-2012 10:26 AM

Sending my F8's to Eagleoneowl6242
Jupter
S Lepoidevin from Bennington VT
Masimmons

Any one else need one from me?
Donna

Lv2sew2011 06-19-2012 10:33 AM

Received today, Finished blocks from:
D Mitchell from Texas
K Baker from NC
Abby's Mom
Thank you ladies very lovely blocks! I will post pictures later or if you want to post them that will be find with me too!
Thanks again
Donna

jaba 06-19-2012 12:40 PM

Luv 2 sew2011, I still need my block back from you. Sent my F8 on 3/14,confirmed as delivered, received your F8 on 3/30 and mailed your finished block back to you on 4/2.

Also, I still have not received blocks from masimmons, pinklotus, saraaev, wendsy, babeyruth, crafty3790, cuppy, eagleoneowl2u2, girlscouts1, and lillie