Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Elisabrat 10-08-2012 01:11 AM

I want a princess dress.. size small big people please.. pinks and golds for me.. hurry up costume queen! and your little princess is adorable. I think you will have a wonderful time and get a huge fix of being a grandma while your there. You wont ever regret it and remember, you can nap when you get home. lol

nancia 10-08-2012 05:08 AM

Linda, on the front page of this board there is a category, HElp. hit that word. it will offer you several options. in the right hand column go to ' resizing photos.It tells you how to resize pictures. Follow the steps, be sure to save the changes by going to FILE (upper left corner of screen) then come to the thread and write a message, hit go advanced, then manage (something),and a window will open with a category BROWSE; hit browse. Open the picture, close that window. and it takes you back to the 'browse' window. that space is now filled with letters and numbers , hit upload. If it takes longer than 10 seconds it probably didn't resize. I often forget to go to the file category to save it. Once you get the hang of it, it's not difficult. You just need to do the steps in order. computers are very specific when it comes to the order in which things must be done, and they don't let you skip steps. i have windows 7 and that means i can use a pictures manager. i had to write all the steps down and then, after awhile it was easier to remember the order; good luck. once you get it you'll be surprised how easy it is. till then it just seems like a lot of bother! 8-)

Yosamitesa 10-08-2012 06:30 AM

Marybeth -- that is the CUTEST outfit and pretty granddaughter too!!! Sorry I haven't posted photos yet, been busy swapping fabric. Now...back to work so I can go play with fabric tonight. :D

jaba 10-08-2012 06:45 AM

You put alot of work in that little princess dress for your princess!! She will love it. Have fun visiting with your family, I'm sure it will be great to see them.

Yosamitesa 10-08-2012 06:48 AM

Oh jaba!!! JABA!!!! You there??? Hey...has your mailbox been lonely lately???

QuilterMomma 10-08-2012 07:14 AM

Finally ladies, I got to get to that box of fabrics and blocks. I have not checked out if I have all f8ths, I have some cut up, some with fabric ready to cut and others in envelopes. Will get that total when I start the blocks. But, I do have the list of grown-up blocks:
Received grown-up blocks from:
Mayrbeth
Chewboo
annaquilts
tam moo
Urgodschild2
1000projects
marcialee
abbysmome
girlscouts1
rosesue
moonrise
mammahouser
marian
joan-MO
charlotte
Jaba
LJDugas

I have opened all the envelopes and these are what I received and love them. If I had time, would put them together into a quilt right now and then the rest would go into another quilt. Not sure though. Since no time, get to wait for the rest and look at it in January when life calms down a bit. Still working with family issue, getting better but realizing I do not like to deal with emotional stuff and I am having to deal with it. Yuk. Well, have bank statements to balance, taxes to pay, payables to pay, and then do a product return. Will proabaly not be able to visit much so I can be sure and get in that sewing time on blocks. Also need to write a presentation for the quilt show which is next week along with finishing one wall hanging challenge that is due by Friday. yep, pushing it again.

jaba 10-08-2012 07:18 AM

Yup, very lonely. Are you sending me something to fill it up? I like surprises, I'm very easy to please but my favorite colors are purple and teal. Do ya' need some more hints, just let me know more than happy to oblige

Yosamitesa 10-08-2012 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5570556)
Yup, very lonely. Are you sending me something to fill it up? I like surprises, I'm very easy to please but my favorite colors are purple and teal. Do ya' need some more hints, just let me know more than happy to oblige

I'm planning on cutting and sewing yours tonight...so if ALL goes well (pray no sick kiddo at my house) then it will go out tomorrow and you should have (fingers crossed) later this week. :) Actually yes, your favorite colors actually DOES help me. :) Hugs!!!

Yosamitesa 10-08-2012 07:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Grown up block came home from 1000 projects...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]368360[/ATTACH]

nancia 10-08-2012 09:09 AM

elisabrat- don't know if anyone answered your question, but in april's booms you can choose any fabric you want to send out. people have done all sorts of themes! some swaps are very specific, but not this one. this is the first time i haven't sent out green, and that's not even my favorite color. lol ! i think the next one i will send out batiks. wish i could send out parts of blocks i've already cut and have them put together for me. we could all swap wip's.hmm.......