Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Yosamitesa 10-13-2012 04:33 AM

Elisabrat I'm doing the "I'm So Excited" dance for you!!!

Elisabrat 10-13-2012 04:57 AM

Thank you sweet girl watching me dance wouldnt have been pretty. I can't use my legs as they dont work too well anymore except for standing and hobbling. Its sorta funny dancing from your waist up lol.. I do a lot of the toddler rock and well it is a sight to behold.

Tam moo I had almost purchased some of the light blue in your fabric about 10 times this summer from the stitch sanctuary. they had it on clearance and I wanted it and wanted it and I was good and didnt get it. now I see it in your blocks and well its talking to me AGAIN. I thought of it the whole time when I worked with yours.. that is going to be a very pretty quilt. The bright blue was an excellent choice for that fabric.

Nancia and Nexxus I think you make your blocks and finish them when you can. Just before January if you could.. I will have time in January to sew the quilts together just in time to finish before ANOTHER SWAP! I already picked up envelopes. Talk about ahead of the game. Hey JABA want to swap something? lol I have purple and teal and can make .. something lol.. great way to fill your mailbox! hows about table mats? I will make you a table mat and you can make me ornaments for the senior tree. I NEED ORNIES for this tree (hint hint). calling all elves I need ornaments.

charlotte-marie, I feel the same way it has been a total pleasure working for all of you. I received so many pretty blocks with a good amount still going to sneak there way into my box still. I also received so many little notes with them and I appreciate that very much. Like getting something from a friend.. and this is what this quilt is all about isn't it?

joanelizbay 10-13-2012 05:22 AM

HELP...I was talking to my neice last night on Facebook and told her I needed to stay OUT of fabric stores. She informed me she wanted a "Grateful Dead" quilt....I may be "old" but I do know who Grateful Dead is but cant find any fabric with them on it. I looked on EBay and they have wall hangings but no defination of what it is etc. Does anyone know of a site that might have fabric with rock bands??? Got 3 of my boom block quilts at the quilters now..anxious to get them back! Gonna finish the top of my Civil War quilt today since its raining..oh and a couple more things..SEND ME all the snow you want! I LOVE winter and snow AND Montana and Wyoming!! and the final word of the morning..GO CARDS!!!

TheMamaHauser 10-13-2012 08:34 AM

I don't know about Greatful Dead fabric, but I think most of the head shops sell something that you might could cut down. I've seen huge batik-style wall hangings, flags, etc - and you know, if you did something with large (like 15.5") blocks in batiks and then appliqued a gigantic GD logo on it, I bet that would come out pretty awesome. So, my suggestion is skip the fabric stores & go to the head shop.

jaba 10-13-2012 09:43 AM

elisabrat, I hear you!! See what I can come up with. When do you need these by??

jaba 10-13-2012 09:53 AM

joanelizbay, just google them and you'll find lots. Rock band in the 90"s. All their logo's usually have skelton's on them. Don't really know why?? They did do some recordings that were actually pretty good, "Browned eyed girl" liked that one, maybe 'cause my eyes and very dark brown. Anyway....you find lots of info

PinkLotus 10-13-2012 11:08 AM

Just wanted to give an update..

To make it easier the following I have NOT received:
- areinn
- Lv2sew2011

All of my F8th's have been mailed.

I have received grown-ups from the following:
- Abby's Mom
- jaba (mailed yours 10/05)
- joanelizbay (mailed yours 10/02)
- ljdugas31 (mailed yours 10/03)
- marytoddliz (mailed yours 10/02)
- moonrise (mailed yours 10/03)
- TwinRiverFarm
- Elisabrat (mailed yours 10/02)
- urgodschild2
- goldendog55
- Tam...Moo
- Yosamitesa
Thank you everyone. They are great!

I will be working on some more grown-ups this weekend. I am working on getting out the ones I have received grown-ups from first. I didn't get to get any done this week, as I have been working on a doll quilt for the Oct. DQ Swap, and also A woman's fav. things swap, so I have been super busy this week, but now I am done with those 2 things, and can get back to my blocks :)

Pics are in my sig. line for the ones I made and the ones I have received. (I have only loaded received ones if I have mailed back your block.) I am working on more...

missgigglewings 10-13-2012 11:34 AM

Sheri your beautiful Milky Way block came today..Thanks so much...I have never seen that pattern, so it is a first for me.... I love it!!

I am unable to post pictures right now...I loaned my daughter my camera..again!

Abby's Mom 10-13-2012 01:08 PM

Great blocks from the following:

2 Attachment(s)
I received these wonderful grown-ups from:
1000projects
NanaKathy55

In that order.

Thank you both so much!

joanelizbay 10-13-2012 04:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I love weekends when I dont have grandkids! Got Boom 6 blocks put together today so now I have 3 to be quilted! Picture would upload from camera, guess it was too big so I took these from my cell phone and they arent very good pictures! Thanks to all that sent blocks!!