Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Yosamitesa 10-13-2012 05:41 PM

Those are great!!! We went to Galveston Island today. We saw the sculptured trees, ate at a fabulous cafe I never knew was there and still wouldn't if we didn't go see the trees. Drove out to East Beach and watched the big cargo ships. Lil man LOVED it!!! Then we went to Stewart Beach and played in the sand. Lil man and big kid (hubby) played in the water. LOVE 80's and 90's temps in October!!!

Nexxus831 10-13-2012 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 5581881)
HELP...I was talking to my neice last night on Facebook and told her I needed to stay OUT of fabric stores. She informed me she wanted a "Grateful Dead" quilt....I may be "old" but I do know who Grateful Dead is but cant find any fabric with them on it. I looked on EBay and they have wall hangings but no defination of what it is etc. Does anyone know of a site that might have fabric with rock bands??? Got 3 of my boom block quilts at the quilters now..anxious to get them back! Gonna finish the top of my Civil War quilt today since its raining..oh and a couple more things..SEND ME all the snow you want! I LOVE winter and snow AND Montana and Wyoming!! and the final word of the morning..GO CARDS!!!

Joan, your best bet would be to take a wall hanging or two and go from that. I am attaching a link to one of the logo's that they are most famous for and of course you can tye dye your own fabric. Go to thrift stores and look for tye dyed tshirts and use them for fabric. Good luck.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grateful-Dea...item4abcefa52a

Elisabrat 10-14-2012 05:29 AM

once more lovely blocks! Yosemitesa it sounds like a wonderful day. We have a warming up week too going to hit 80 mid week then hopefully fall will come. I am good to 80 after that its air conditioner time.
My advice which you dont have to take skip the head shop unless your comfortable with going in one. I am such a geek I would worry what if one of my friends saw me go in there I would find that wall hanging on ebay first just me.. dork I know sorry Kelly but some of us are a bit older and well .. nope.
I would do a wild batik one bright colors like dyed fabric or get a tshirt if your machine can work with t material and use that as the center part the rest well bold colors. I went once to a horrible concert of theirs, hated it but the X loved them. I was well .. not thrilled. Worse yet my first was born NY's day and they were on tv and while i was in labor the man watched 2 hours of it.. so they are not winning prizes with me lol

last Jaba the first week of November is the hopeful date to get ornies for the seniors together. This gives me time to count, sort etc so we can get them evenly distributed on the tree and room decorations. I NEED MORE ORNAMENTS (anyone hear that one?) for the tree so if you would like to whip up a couple let me know. thanks everyone who has said they could help.

sustraley 10-14-2012 06:47 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Abby's Mom. Recieved this wonderful block. You did a great job!!

sustraley 10-14-2012 06:50 AM

love the sashing on your beautiful quilt joanelizbay

marytoddliz 10-14-2012 08:20 AM

Hello ladies, I am just stopping by to say Hi, I am loving this! I am being Grammie with my energetic 3year old, Charleigh, she is running me ragged! I got here Friday morning and I am realizing how much I am not the energizer Bunnie!

But I truly love her dragging me around(Today I am the monster Dragon and she is the princess!)

OK time to go will try to check in again! Melinda (Nexxus) I can't wait to meet you! I will call sometime tomorrow, I think today is going to be jam packed full! Birthday part at Noon at the corn maze! Come on by with you kiddo's if you want!

ttfn

Marybeth

Abby's Mom 10-14-2012 08:27 AM

Finished blocks heading home tomorrow to: AnnaQuilts, Roseysue & Nancia.

I have not received blocks from:
areinn (nor received the F8)
AnnaQuilts
daisey
girlscouts1
goldendog55
Linda58
Lv2sew2011
marcialee
missgogglewings
Mosher92
Nancia
Nexxius831
Ok Darla
oldcatlady
QuilterMomma
savannahrandons
scrapper
SheriR
sustraley
TheMamaHauser
Yosamitesa
Pink Lotus

If my records are wrong please let me know!

TheMamaHauser 10-14-2012 09:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Super far off-topic: I am working through a gigantic box of pictures that we inherited when my great-grandmother died almost 14 years ago - and I found a picture of my great-great-grandmother. I know that seems like, "Well duh" but it's the ONLY picture I have of her - to give you an idea, my own mother didn't know the woman's name. I've been working on our family tree and it took me a solid 8 months of research to find out her name.

So I am going to share this awesome picture with you because I'm just so excited.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369627[/ATTACH]

Fraew 10-14-2012 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser (Post 5584837)
I am going to share this awesome picture with you because I'm just so excited.

I am excited for you! Family trees are one of the best puzzle mysteries ever aren't they? And it feels so good to solve a piece of it. Good for you. I am stuck at the turn of the century on both sides of the family...no hurry to get back to that is there?!?

Have fun.

urgodschild2 10-14-2012 11:01 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I got this from Sustraley and I posted it in the DQ for Oct. LOL. Thank you. It is very pretty. The other one if from Abby's Mom and unfortunately my camera decided to do something weird. It is way prettier then the picture. thank you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]369643[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]369664[/ATTACH]