Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

Elisabrat 10-25-2012 09:05 PM

Fraew, hows about this? I dont steal your wonderful black red white blocks and you stay away from my wonderful bee blocks? hiding them behind my back while reaching out towards yours.. hum hum hummmm hum tada da da.. stop moving your making this harder than it has to be!

on another fun and perky note there is a new tablerunner swap started not due til sometime in January maybe the middle of the month for those who are looking for new sign ups. I have been watching and watching a bit slower during these coming months I think.. I have to come up with something fun to do while waiting for the NEXT boom and still enjoying this one :)

Annaquilts 10-25-2012 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by PinkLotus (Post 5610223)
I am thinking about going and buying me a few yards of the star fabric for my stash.

Who makes that fabric? It is very pretty and versatile.

Nexxus831 10-25-2012 10:24 PM

I have twelve blocks cut out and waiting for me to sew up. I am hoping to get those done and dropped in the mailbox by Sunday because on Monday I leave for South Carolina until Saturday. I am kinda looking forward to the warm weather.

Elisabrat 10-25-2012 11:04 PM

Melinda that sounds like fun I will wish warm sunny weather for you! When I make a larger quilt I have to cut one day sew another or I really mess up tootired by then. 12 blocks? you will be almost done by then!

marcialee 10-26-2012 07:41 AM

If anyone was wondering where there grown up block is from me, well I haven't had a sewing machine running for 2 weeks. I am going to hope that I can get some blocks done next week to mail. Sorry for the delay.

joanelizbay 10-26-2012 08:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Once again I need opinions! :) This is the "Grateful Dead" quilt so far for my neice. I am putting a 6" white border around it then more "colors" on the outside. She wants "SUNSHINE DAYDREAM" written on the quilt. Do you think it would look better up and down on the tie dyed center piece, one word on each side....on the top and bottom of the tye dyed center piece or on the top and bottom of the white border Im putting on it? Ill have to hand embrodery it because my machine doesnt do that fancy stuff! Decisions decisions....Wont she be shocked Im actually doing a "Grateful Dead" quilt for her! LOL

jaba 10-26-2012 09:03 AM

How about if you put it around the skull, like sunshine on the left hand side facing out between the skull outline and the black outside circle, then daydreams on the other side. I think it would make it appear as though that was what the "skull" was thinking. Neat looking, my harley riding fanatic son would love it!!

QuilterMomma 10-26-2012 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok, not completed yet, but wanted to show you what I am experimenting with. Poor Fraew, she may not like it and I can always make her a nine patch easily if she wants and I keep this.:hunf:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]372508[/ATTACH]

TheMamaHauser 10-26-2012 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5612860)

on another fun and perky note there is a new tablerunner swap started not due til sometime in January maybe the middle of the month for those who are looking for new sign ups.

I joined it. I have an idea that involves a star of bethlehem :)

TheMamaHauser 10-26-2012 10:11 AM

Also, because I know you a ALL waiting with baited breath to hear this... At 3:05pm Nov 8th, I will be finished with my observations for school. Why do you care? Because I'll have 2 entire days off a week! I've been holding out for that all semester... 2 guaranteed sewing days in addition to the weekend! Woo!!!