Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

sustraley 12-18-2012 06:02 PM

Jaba-great placemats. What a good idea you came up with. (And I see mine.) :)

Nexxus831 12-18-2012 06:43 PM

Jaba, I love the placemats. I wish I wouldn't of used the same shade of solid orange in my block. I think it made it look like too much. I should of done a yellow or green. I did have fun with the mushrooms though. I do have some left of it if you would like the fabric.

Annaquilts 12-18-2012 06:57 PM

Cant wait to see what pretty you'll make with the piece of pie I send. They look great!

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5728170)
Thought I'd post a pic of what I'm doing with all the fruit and vege's. Vege's are all done and starting on fruit tomorrow. Still waiting on getting some back. Hope they are sent by deadline so April can start the new Boom swap. [ATTACH=CONFIG]383012[/ATTACH]I love these placemats, thank you all so much. I use placemats everyday so these will get very good use.

marytoddliz 12-18-2012 07:38 PM

Jaba, I made two sets of place mats with the Christmas blocks I got back. pictures are in my album. I love making place mats because you can match up the ones that use the same colors. I got some of my blocks back with a real dark rich red and then some with a bright Christmasy red, so I made two different sets. and the really good thing is it doesn't matter if the sizes are a tiny bit different, no one even notices.

I sent out 3 different kinds of fabric, two Christmas ones and the Apples. I am really pleased that the flora Christmas print is the one that I made the place mats out of.

For Christmas we are having dinner at our house! Not something I like doing~ But everyone will bring something special and I will have fun decorating, while others do the cooking... my specialty is making egg nog!

sustraley 12-19-2012 04:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Nanakathy55. Love the block.:thumbup:

jaba 12-19-2012 09:10 AM

Good deal MaryT, just drink and watch everyone cook! That would work for me. Going to call you after the holiday's, I still can't get embroidery designs from computer to the machine or maybe I'm not even getting them to the computer right. I don't know, but won't bother you 'til January. Thought I'd get all the vege's done yesterday, not! Hope to finish the rest today and then onto pie....
I would love to have the mushrooms Nexxus if you're sure you won't use it. I have a couple or 3 pieces of fabric left of vege's so I could make more. Send it my way and let me know how much I owe you so I can send you some $.

marytoddliz 12-19-2012 10:44 AM

Melinda, I just found your package under the Wrapping paper mess... I am so sorry it is in the mail this morning! I hope you still have time to sew it! PLEASE FORGIVE ME and my slovenly ways~

btw, I think I should own the PO as much money as I have spent there this week! not to mention standing in line for days! Why have 4 windows if only two employees are ever working! GRRRRRRRR..... gotta find my happy place, where did I put it????

Mom will be here today, that is enough to make me crazy even with out all the rest!

Jaba, can I come to your house now and teach you how to run the machine, I think that might just be my happy place! ps I love the video too funny!

jaba 12-19-2012 11:00 AM

Come on MaryT, you'd make me have a happy place too. The lady at our PO told me the other day that she thought I'd paid this month's rent. I believe it! or half of it anyway, over $200 this month.

charlottemarie 12-19-2012 04:38 PM

Jaba, I love your placemats too. It makes me hungry everytime I see one of them. Those green beans look to die for!

Lv2sew2011 12-19-2012 05:54 PM

Hi everyone well, finished up all the blocks today and well get them mailed Monday! If you don't get a block from me by Friday of next week, then that's means you didn't send me your F8. Thanks for a great bunch of blocks can't wait to get them put all together after this swap in done, I will be sitting out the next one so that I can make quilts with all the blocks I've received since I've joined this Board. If you didn't send me an F8 and still want to go ahead mail it when you can I would love to make you a block! With all that said wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and I be back after Christmas. God Bless
Donna