Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 DIAMONDS Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-diamonds-group-t197895.html)

joanelizbay 08-28-2012 01:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WOW cant beleive the blocks already done and flying home by you guys! I feel so far behind ...thanks for all the hints about the label..never thought about using a piece of fabric..makes sense! I dont have a machine that does embrodry. I have a old singer but its a great machine. Wishing for a newer more updated but this is fine for now! I got a VERY pretty block from moonrise today...it is exactly the romantic theme I was wanting for that fabric! It was funny, when I opened the envelope I just saw my fabric and thought...hmmmm moon purchased the same fabric I had...then I was surprised when I opened it all the way and saw the beautiful block! Thanks Lisa!

Anna I got your F8 today. Im in the process of making a Civil War quilt with a panel of Union Generals and one of Confederate Generals so Im hoping I can find a good piece to go with your beautifully dyed fabric! Any preference in block design??

quiltingmommy 08-28-2012 02:09 PM

Hello there, I am in the pearl group and would like a few extra swappers. Let me know if you are interested in swapping.

jaba 08-28-2012 02:47 PM

Today's update ladies, received F8's from nanakathy55, okdarla, annaquilts, tucked you all away safely in my big stack. I swear I will get to the end of them! Sent home finished blocks to abby'smom, savannahrandoms 1 for diamond and 1 for rubies, travelinggramma in rubies, and twinriverfarms. They'll be in the album shortly if you want to peek. Better get some rice started in the cooker for stir fry tonight and then clean strawberries, freeze, and cut some more fabric.

Yosamitesa 08-28-2012 02:57 PM

Got a F8 from Anna Quilts. Got a finished block from girlscouts1.

chewboo 08-28-2012 02:58 PM

today I received f8 from

nanakathy55
okdarla
savannahrandons

and a grown up block from
moomrise--love it

Annaquilts 08-28-2012 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 5474881)

Anna I got your F8 today. Im in the process of making a Civil War quilt with a panel of Union Generals and one of Confederate Generals so Im hoping I can find a good piece to go with your beautifully dyed fabric! Any preference in block design??

Thank you for asking. That is very kind of you. I would prefer a more traditional block, one that might be found during the Civil War time if that is possible. Else a star block would be nice. I think a very modern block would not fit in as well because of the theme and fabrics. Have fun making it. I would love to see your work in progress from your Union and Confederate Generals quilt. It sounds very interesting and beautiful. Who are the makers of the fabric for the General's fabric?

chewboo 08-28-2012 02:59 PM

oops forgot I received f8 from
annaquilts

Annaquilts 08-28-2012 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by nancia (Post 5474825)
annaquilts-- are those all finished blocks?

Oh no Nancia. These are the F8s I received. Sofar I have 8 blocks made. I am trying to figure out how to post them like some of the others do in an album.

moonrise 08-28-2012 03:22 PM

Glad y'all are liking your blocks so far! :)

No squishies at all in the mail today. Waaah! I'm squishie-less!

nancia 08-28-2012 03:28 PM

moonrise-- you're so quick! you're going to be sitting and watching everyone else play! your blocks are beautiful!!