Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-rubies-group-t197897.html)

Phannie1 11-29-2012 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by tlambing (Post 5684389)
Hey Phannie,

You have received a block from me:) Here's the pic [ATTACH=CONFIG]378936[/ATTACH]

Thanks, When I opened that one up I was up stairs and my list was down stairs and I just did not get it recored and did not remember who sent it. I really love the paws in it and plan to use it as a background fabric. Thanks again, Phannie

jacquie 11-29-2012 07:51 AM

'tlambing', don't forget that you're also getting a block from little 'ole me soon too!!!
xxx jacquie xxx

tlambing 11-29-2012 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5674750)
Finished my LAST block today for TLambing and will try to get to the PO to get it mailed ... if not today then tomorrow.

If there is a prize for the most pieces per block .... 169 pieces :)

If there is a prize for the least number of additional fabrics used ... zero :)

hee hee hee

Teresa ... the block is slightly oversized because it's difficult to plan overall size with what I did. I'm going to leave it oversized and let you trim it down - that way you can center it which ever way you choose and you'll have nice crisp edges.

This swap has been so much fun. I got to try my hand at a lot of different techniques and stretched my creative gene using fabrics that I would not ordinarily have used. Of course I also love receiving blocks from folks - I've been happy with ALL of them so far!!

thank you everyone!! Mostly ... thanks again April for hosting this wonderful swap. Pretty sure I'll do another one at some point in the future.

OMG, I'm scared. 169 pieces????? You are veryyyyyyyyyy ambitious, and wayyyyyy more confident than me :p

tlambing 11-29-2012 08:25 AM

Oooooooo Thank you Jacquie! I'm a waitin'. I finally found the right companions for you fabric, and my weekend is FREE, so I will be quilting/creating my fingers off!!! I'll let you know when I put it in the mail!

Thanks in advance :)

Originally Posted by jacquie (Post 5687361)
'tlambing', don't forget that you're also getting a block from little 'ole me soon too!!!
xxx jacquie xxx

tlambing 11-29-2012 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by ctmhjenn (Post 5681675)
Here is the block I just got from April...thank you so much, I love it! The tablerunner is one I put together really fast.

cmthjenn, Cool table runner! I'm in love with the red!!! Are you going to FMQ it?

A friend of mine has done a ton of them Quilt as you go. I've never tried it, but looks really fun.

tlambing 11-29-2012 01:43 PM

O.K. people...someone must post something...This makes 4 in a row of me!

Question:

Does anyone know if Savannahrandons is participating? I cannot contact her and have not seen her posting since the beginning of the swap. Does anyone know?

jaba 11-29-2012 02:27 PM

Okay I'll answer you, I haven't heard from her either and I'm in a small and large group with her. I have sent a PM but she hasn't answered me.....

tlambing 11-29-2012 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5688114)
Okay I'll answer you, I haven't heard from her either and I'm in a small and large group with her. I have sent a PM but she hasn't answered me.....

Thank you so much Jaba. It's not just me. I will stop trying now :) How's the weather in WY. Here in sunny CA we are to get 3-4 inches of rain in the next couple of days, maybe some flooding, Yikes.

jaba 11-29-2012 05:42 PM

I was born and raised in San Diego and Ensanata, forgot how to spell it, so I know your weather. Right now it's 6:38pm and it's 17.3 degrees, pretty cold here, fireplace burning and blowers going to help with the heat. 1 of my son's live out of Bellingham, WA so know about that rain. I just envy your humidity, dry skin here, but when it's 40 degrees there it's cold. Have never lived in Sacramento, just passed through on travels.

tlambing 11-29-2012 07:10 PM

Well, I guess I'll stop complaining that I'm cold! Burrrrrr I'm complaining at 55*
I bet it's beautiful and white there to go along with your cold, almost makes it worth it??

I've never been to WY. I started my life in VA and then to the West coast, Daddy was Navy.