Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-rubies-group-t197897.html)

travelinggramma 08-24-2012 09:26 AM

Anastasia - you are fast! Can't wait to see my first block - and now I will have to figure a way to post them!! This is all a way of learning new things - and not just new blocks!

buddy'smom 08-24-2012 09:45 AM

I received an f8 from moonwork 42029, cute, hope to get busy this weekend.

nygal 08-24-2012 12:03 PM

I received one package today from Doghousemom. I will begin working on blocks this weekend. Mine will be going out in the mail tomorrow. Keep an eye out for them!!

jaba 08-24-2012 12:14 PM

Got a couple of minutes here for an update. Received today doghousemom, moonwork, and nexxus. I was all caught up but yesterday and today, mercy, I'm going to have to really sew next week. Have 14 people at my house until Sunday, it's great. 5 generations together for the 1st time, pics tomorrow, that doesn't happen very often. Kids, grandkids and great grandkids. My Dad only lives 20 miles away.

DogHouseMom 08-24-2012 02:51 PM

Received two more Fats today from Anastasia, and unbelievably from Jacquie in Scotland - that was fast!

nygal 08-24-2012 03:22 PM

Traveling gramma I just finished your block. I am off duty on the weekend from watching my two grandchildren so I was able to go into my studio ALONE and work on it. I hope you will like it.

Anastasia 08-24-2012 04:05 PM

Sweet. I got more squishies today. I got from nex (swapping on the side), DoghouseMom and Ok Darla.. fun fun.. oh and a squishy of 1/2 yr of fabric I was missing to finish a quilt that CajunQuilter was nice enough to send me. (Not related to this swap)

I mailed out chocolate cake today.. if you didn't get any from me, well.. the mailmen ate it.

moonwork42029 08-24-2012 04:43 PM

got my f8 from Canada today...thank OKdarla!

Dad is really loving all the mail these days :)

I won't get to work on any blocks until Sunday at the earliest...got to finish piecing my Funky Chicken top from a couple years ago.

travelinggramma 08-24-2012 05:00 PM

Oh No Anastasia - My piece of chocolate cake will be a real mess!! My hubby saw the mailman yesterday and asked him for an extra key to our mailbox. He said they don't have extras but will get someone to replace the lock and give us the keys. Well today we went for the mail - and they replaced the lock but haven't seen any keys. AAARRRRGGG - I just know there are squisheys in there and choc. cake too :(

DogHouseMom 08-24-2012 05:39 PM

12" and just over 1/4" ... phooey

THIS is why I made a "practice" block.

It's part paper pieced and part strip pieced. The strip piecing is easy and I measured the FINISHED strips, then I measured the sub-cuts, and measured the finished sub-cut pieces. No problem. I had measured the 1" test square on the paper piecing part - so that should have been correct.

But when I sew the sections together ... I'm just shy of a 12.5" block and this is WITH my 'scant' seams!! I'm always careful to test that my 1/4" seams are measured AFTER I iron.

I may go ahead and try to make this block with the F8 I received (my practice block was made of all my own fabric) and reduce my seam allowance ... I'm going to think about it.

I'm gonna go play with my dog.