Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-rubies-group-t197897.html)

Elisabrat 08-27-2012 11:30 PM

anastasia, me too tons of those critters all over the darned sewing machine, then the coffee table.. I think I will have to coral them into an envelope tomorrow for a visit home. Enough is enough! I will make two blocks I think. did one very safe worked great, like it reminds me of two flowers goofy things.. and the next will be who knows something. I thank you for telling me your story Anastasia dear. it made me not feel so incredibly stupid .. which I know I am not.. just not processing crud and its so tough because i know I could before. stop whipping myself. Getting that fabric. its nicer to know its done right. And even the Amish do not make perfect quilts. I read here in the Amish swap that interviewed an Amish woman was asked if they put a mistake in purposely like its been told and she said only God is perfect. We dont add mistakes on purpose they just happen ... I like that but boy its nice to be closer to perfect I can tell you than wally the walrus bad.
Immemother do you put sunscreen on your cats ears/nose before he goes out? white cats are so prone to skin cancer especially in those areas.. just a thought.. I had a cat rescue for several years and that sure was an issue with some of the cats that we brought in. I could never ever have put a leash on my cats. That low to the ground airplane thing, like stated earlier here they gain 10 lbs instant presto and magically are stuck belly to the ground and not moving. No way uh uh. Your lucky. I would love to take mine on short ventures but think then that door would be a target they are way faster than I am..now they just sit two feet back and wait for me to enter or leave. If they tasted that fresh dirt oh man..

DogHouseMom 08-28-2012 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5473176)
Ok confessions post. I had a very bad sewing day yesterday, the kind that one gets tears over. I worked hard cut things correctly (this is hard work guys really it is) and sewed dilegently. Scant 1/4 inch. Finished it. Looked ok measured perfectly. Took photo looked at photo. ITS NOT GOT THE POINTS IT NEEDS. I look hard and look hard and know if I take in those seams to 1/4 inch I will have points. I take the whole thing apart. Restitch and sure enough the block is golden. Golden 12". So what to do here: do I A) add a stupid bony edge strip to the sides and be happy (not going to be happy) B) do I buy more of that fabric as it was not a piece that can be reused much at all and start from scratch. I am not going to not have a good block. Trouble is I have only four 4" pieces left otherwise to work with and that is totally lame unless I buy more fabric. What would you do? super sad. whole thing is super sad.

Well, if it's my block simple - make it a 9" block :)

Anastasia 08-28-2012 04:54 AM

I think I'm going to start looking at 13" blocks and try to find some that can be trimmed down to 12.5" safely :)

Elisabrat 08-28-2012 06:06 AM

wouldnt that be lovely as all heck. I thought, do crazy quilt blocks lol.. they tend to go best with other crazy quilt blocks however shoot.. then log cabins.. anything with a base that is clearly marked like follow this line duh.. lol. I think however those thirteen inch blocks are highly ellusive. I am going to go collage thats it! cut and dump where ever it lands tada! oh shoot not going to hold up well under any usage or washing.. next plan..

go slower. egad. snails slow down would you I am coming I am coming! that slow..

Phannie1 08-28-2012 12:47 PM

Ok.. I got my F8s in the mail. Started my first Block and recieved NYGal in the mail today. Now I am back upstairs tonight working on blocks.....

nygal 08-28-2012 01:11 PM

Yea. another fabric of mine delivered! I did two blocks today. Hope to work on another one tonight.

jaba 08-28-2012 02:37 PM

Received a F8 from nygal and sent home finished block to savannahrandoms and travelinggramma. Others are in the diamond group so will post there also. Pics in my albums soon if you want to peek.

DogHouseMom 08-28-2012 02:57 PM

Received F8 from NYGal. Have you decided what colors you want us to use, I didn't get any instructions with it. I know you were considering red and folks kinda talked you out of it - but I don't remember if any conclusion was reached.

nygal 08-28-2012 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5475062)
Received F8 from NYGal. Have you decided what colors you want us to use, I didn't get any instructions with it. I know you were considering red and folks kinda talked you out of it - but I don't remember if any conclusion was reached.

No I didn't make a decision. I say use a color that is in the fabric and that will be fine. Thanks for asking!!

I did two more blocks tonight. Then I opened four more of the envelopes to audition from my stash what will work for each. I forget at the moment who's is who's but I love the peacock feather one!!! I have fabrics that will be perfect for it in my stash and I also loved the cute Halloween print. I have fabrics for that too. I'm done sewing for the day.

charlottemarie 08-28-2012 03:51 PM

I received F8's today from Buddy's Mom, Jacquie any Nygal.