Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-rubies-group-t197897.html)

DogHouseMom 08-30-2012 03:34 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5478102)
Anastasia, where did you get the pattern for the block with the flower in french general tea? I really like that block!

The fabric she had was the Oyster color. Not sure where she got it, but it's a block in EQ7 called "Flower Pot".

nygal 08-30-2012 04:57 AM

HELP! I just did a nice block using the PEACOCK fabric but I misplaced the envelope it came in so I need to know who sent that pretty fabric. Thanks

Elisabrat 08-30-2012 04:58 AM

april sent you peacocks :)

Elisabrat 08-30-2012 05:08 AM

Sue thanks this is dumb here but what is eq7? sounds like its for specific quilting machines? sigh.. so far behind the time, hell last night I hand cut templates from plastic hoping that the adding 1/4 inch to the thing will end up with correct block sizing. I sure hope so.

Ok, off to the clinic posting receivables this afternoon. I had a ton of fun opening them last night.. I even received some blocks back from my other group. That was super exciting. This is fun stuff. Or will be once I get my grove back. Just pulled out the manual for my new brother C6000i machine. I sure hope its not too hard its my first computerized one.. I almost sent it right back thinking your never going to figure that out.. electronic moron here.. but decided I can read it while at the clinic so maybe not too bad..

good morning to you all! see you in a while crocodiles!

jacquie 08-30-2012 05:31 AM

hi ladies,
just to let you know i now have the safe arrival of a F8'th from;

today...
'travelinggramma'...

previously...
'nygal',
'lovingizabella',
'anastasia'
'ok darla',
'immemother',
'elisabrat',
'moonwork42029'
'buddy'smom',
'charlottemarie',
'ctmhjenn'.

DogHouseMom 08-30-2012 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5478628)
Sue thanks this is dumb here but what is eq7? sounds like its for specific quilting machines?

Electric Quilt program - version 7.

EQ ... or Electric Quilt is a program you can run on your computer to make blocks and quilts. You can construct blocks yourself then it will print either rotary cutting, templates or PP pattern - it also has a library of quilt blocks and the Flower Pot block is one that I know is in there.

It's probably the most comprehensive quilting program available - design blocks, quilts, and quilting motifs. Lot's of info about it here on QB if you do a search on EQ7 (or it's older versions EQ6 and EQ5) and QB member Rhonda has done a whole series of classes and I believe her PDF classes are are available here on QB.

DogHouseMom 08-30-2012 05:37 AM

Jacquie

Surprised mine has not made it to your house yet. Hopefully tomorrow.

Also - a reminder to our 3 International Ladies - this coming Monday September 3 is a postal holiday in the states (Labor day). It also means that lots of us working gals will have the day off to sew more blocks!!

nygal 08-30-2012 06:20 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5478606)
april sent you peacocks :)

THANK YOU!!
I have three more blocks left to do...still waiting to receive two more from others but they said on here they sent them out recenlty.

jaba 08-30-2012 07:05 AM

I'm sorry it gave you fits but.......you picked the block I think. If nothing else I'll be remembered one way oooooorrrrr the other:DWill post it when I get it though!!!

Anastasia 08-30-2012 02:36 PM

Hehe it gave me fits first cause my brain could wrap around how to assemble them around the center block. Just a brain fart. But the only thing the correct size according to the templates provided...was the center square. So i had to carefully shrink them after ripping them apart. So its not perfection but its still pretty :) i hope you like it.

Most of the blocks i have done have come from quilters cache. 3 so far from either my brain or another websote. A couple more in the woeks from my brain and other websites. And a couple i still have no idea what i want to do yet. I dont have eQ but wish i did. Too poor.