Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 8.0 RUBIES Group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-8-0-rubies-group-t197897.html)

Elisabrat 10-16-2012 07:08 PM

you sure are getting some great animal blocks Phannie.
glad you liked the block for your shabby chic look :)
and too much time? maybe. I treasure my time. Its a total gift. And sometimes.. watching paint dry isnt such a bad use of it. Its something that clears your mind you simply dont think for a short bit, you just are.. very relaxing. I can do that too. I sleep a whole lot of my time due to medical stuff. So when I am up and using my time productively even watching paint dry its a real wonderful time. :)

anyone else want to watch BIG paint dry Steve is painting the house now you can sit outside under the pine trees in the sunshine with the wind in the trees softly swishing and the turkeys zooming by you.. yeah you might consider the big job. That takes a whole lot longer to dry I think. I know it does. My pants know, my sweater sleeve knows and even my hand knows. I look great in dark cream not so much in brown trim..

Phannie1 10-17-2012 04:09 PM

This link is to some photos I will be exhibiting in a photo show in Hinesville for the Art Council. I am so excited! Hope you all enjoy. Phannie

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h471/Phannie1_Photos/Nov%20Photo%20Show/

Elisabrat 10-17-2012 06:53 PM

What excellent photography I had such a hard time picking my favorite is it going down or is it peaking into the past.. and i think its both :) if I had to have a huge picture hanging above my side board (need a mail to address?) peaking into the past please. wonderful work and thank you for sharing it with us.

Anastasia 10-18-2012 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Phannie1 (Post 5593272)
This link is to some photos I will be exhibiting in a photo show in Hinesville for the Art Council. I am so excited! Hope you all enjoy. Phannie

http://s1111.photobucket.com/albums/h471/Phannie1_Photos/Nov%20Photo%20Show/

Being a dabbler in photography I have a question. A couple of them (the sunflower, the lighthouse, the sunset sky/beach) look like they could benefit from a grey card.. aka.. the removal of grey. Did you leave them intentionally like this to convey a look? Do you do much post editing? My brother and I are a photography duo and he is better at the mechanical manipulation of the camera, I'm better at angles, posing, and post editing. Just curious. I like the subject matters and framing you have done otherwise.

Phannie1 10-18-2012 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Anastasia (Post 5593884)
Being a dabbler in photography I have a question. A couple of them (the sunflower, the lighthouse, the sunset sky/beach) look like they could benefit from a grey card.. aka.. the removal of grey. Did you leave them intentionally like this to convey a look? Do you do much post editing? My brother and I are a photography duo and he is better at the mechanical manipulation of the camera, I'm better at angles, posing, and post editing. Just curious. I like the subject matters and framing you have done otherwise.

Glad you like them. I do no post editing. Never thought about that. I do play with the setting in the camera before I take the pictures. I think I like the lighthouses first. I will be adding the rest of the show to the photobucket later.

Thanks again for looking. Phannie

Anastasia 10-18-2012 12:56 PM

When you get further into the photography world, you should get a grey card. It's really inexpensive. The one i got also has white and black. What they do is they have true white, true black, and true middle grey.. so you can adjust your lighting either in the camera, or in post editing, so that things don't have a grey overcast, you will get correct colors. What you would do with it is place it in the photo and take a test shoot with it, and then (and I don't know how to do this in the camera) adjust the white balance based on that. It's easier in post because you can go and eyedropper pick the card and then you can apply settings to all the photos that come after it that are in that same location/lighting. I'm usually too lazy to use the card but have gotten pretty good at taking the grey out on my own. Sometimes it's nice to have, especially on those lonely looking photos, helps add drama, so I don't ALWAYS remove it, but for sure on whites, yellow. Also another thing it does, it removes glare on water! So for instance, I took a picture of a pond at my work because I liked the pebbles in the bottom, and without the grey card you just saw brightness from the sky reflection. After the grey card you saw maybe a slight building reflection, cause water is a mirror, but you got to see the pebbles. It was so nice.

You definitely have an eye for composition. :)

tlambing 10-19-2012 12:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]370999[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]371000[/ATTACH]
from CharlotteMarie and....OK Darla
Received these 2 beautiful blocks this week!

Elisabrat 10-19-2012 09:33 PM

oh I want to hang out under that quilt. Teresa those are very nice and will go perfectly with the other ones. oh oh when you get a bunch show us all of them together. you have to be excited!
anastasia you little font of information.. you lost me at the first instruction to put a drop of .. argh. my kids always remove things like my mother had moles my daughter was embarassed they weremore like two age spots one on her chin and one on her cheek. Mom was 91. I made her put them BACK on her, lol much to her embarassed self. I just take pictures in my head. they are always perfect :)

urgodschild2 10-19-2012 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom (Post 5581045)
Climb to the top of the highest mountain in Illinois. Oh wait ... I've done that. It was the I80 entrance ramp :)

Just a side note about Australian Possums. Did you know that they make yarn out of their fur because it is so soft.[ATTACH=CONFIG]371168[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 10-19-2012 11:42 PM

I received an adorable sunbonet sue in the mail from doghousemom. I will take a picture tomorrow and post it but wanted to send a warm thank you for the nice lace you used, the special way you shipped it so it would stay crisp and unbent, and the time over all making a pretty sweet block. If you get here before me and want to post the picture please do so everyone can see how cool that block is!