Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 ARCTIC O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-arctic-o-group-thread-t212381.html)

wendsy 03-16-2013 08:28 AM

Received a f8 from MdmSew'n'Sew, her grown up block will be in the mail on Monday :)

dotcomdtcm 03-16-2013 11:13 AM

My blocks so far...

1 Attachment(s)
I have been really careless with bookkeeping. Please excuse me if I did not rave about your work earlier. These blocks are terrific! The lower left hand block just arrived from Wendsy. TY!!

missgigglewings 03-16-2013 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Update for my "frwappers"...that's friends and swappers combined! Surgery on my thumb joint was Thursday and today (Saturday) I almost feel human. Pain management is under control (somewhat) and I can sit here and pick out the fabric and patterns for the rest of the F8s, and do a little 1 finger typing and texting! The splint comes off on the 25th and a purple cast will go on for 4 weeks! Qll of your grown up blocks will be done and mailed out on time!

ljdugas31 03-16-2013 05:26 PM

wow,glad your feeling better!!!Don't over do it,i know when your feelingbetter you just want to keep going when you shouldn't,thats how I roll and then boy I am sorry for awhile!!!LOL

MdmSew'n'Sew 03-16-2013 06:52 PM

Hi Everyone -

sorry I've been MIA for so long - I have had a torn meniscus since late last year (and have had real problems going downstairs to the GirlCave), with no insurance as of Jan 31st, finally got a conversion policy, don't have the card yet though, then fell and messed up both knees, cracked a rib or two and re-tore my rotator cuff - and then to top it off, my email was hacked and wouldn't get on-line until I was sure it was all cleared up - you wouldn't believe some of the nasty responses I got to the emails going out in my name - anyway, as some of you have noted, my F8s went out a few days ago, hope you have fun with my colorful fabric, let your imagination soar.

I have 13 F8s to play with, hopefully will be sending them home within the next few weeks,

hugs to everyone!

urgodschild2 03-17-2013 07:33 AM

Missgigles.....hope your hand heals quick and Mdmsen'nSew......hope you heal fast too. I had a knee replacement because I was virtually walking bone on bone but I also had a torn miniscus and torn lateral something . In otherwords, my knee was really messed up. Hope you are out of pain soon.

ljdugas31 03-17-2013 12:47 PM

Looking for f8s from eagleoneowl2u2 and oma7

dotcomdtcm 03-17-2013 03:13 PM

Did anyone study Color and Light at Syracuse U? I keep hoping to meet a fellow quilting Orange-person. Made my block for MdeSew and Sew using my knowledge of color, learned at S.U. Complementary colors do pop!! Hope you like it!

Navarre2011 03-18-2013 03:12 AM

Everyone here is my update for Grown-ups:
dotcomdtcm
ljdugas31
wendsy
F8's recieved:
masimmons
mdmsesnsew
tracibug
wendsy
Thank you for the hard work and returned blocks!

urgodschild2 03-21-2013 06:34 AM

wow Dotty...that sounds like a great class. My Dad went to Syracuse U. I was born in Syracuse. SIGH I do miss the New England area. Even though we moved to CA when I was 13.......I think that New England just is born into you. LOL
Today is the day. Yep I am going on an unofficial "field trip". The class I go to for quilting....someone discovered that Hoffman's has tours so she arranged for any one in the class to go. Today is the day. I have 4 other ladies in my car and we are going to the factory which is in Mission Viejo (in Orange Co). We will tour the factory and see I guess how they print the fabric. All of us "old ladies" are so excited to be going. We will also take a tour up to Kaufman's once they finish their remodeling phase of their shop. But that is in the future. So sorry no sewing blocks today.