Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-pacific-o-group-thread-t212377.html)

alikat110 03-29-2013 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5964159)
I think some may just not sew because of the lengthy time .

And some of us work 50+ hours a week and still have children that require mommy time and nurturing and still love the opportunity to be a part of this fabulous online community as a way to enjoy our craft. However, that being said, I don't mind a shorter time....would just join a small group instead.

jaba 03-29-2013 08:04 PM

Didn't mean to offend alikat110, I know there are some that have children at home and work, and I will be the 1st to give credit for the time that is involved with that, I do remember well. I was a widow at 27yrs.old with 2 sons that were 1 and 3. Not easy for anyone who has to work and raise children. It's natural the more time you have people take that time. I would just like to finish sooner like joanlizbay if there was enough people interested in doing that. If there is fine and if not that's fine too. I certainly didn't mean all the groups, perhaps just 1 or 2 if they wanted to get done a little quicker. Please accept my apology if my statement came across wrong.

lovngrandma 03-29-2013 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by jaydee3 (Post 5964149)
Jaba please let elizabrat to take care and get well soon. I do miss her commentary on the board.

agreed, and seconed,to that, get well and get healthy and do that awesoem commenting againlove it

alikat110 03-30-2013 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5964502)
Didn't mean to offend alikat110, I know there are some that have children at home and work, and I will be the 1st to give credit for the time that is involved with that, I do remember well. I was a widow at 27yrs.old with 2 sons that were 1 and 3. Not easy for anyone who has to work and raise children. It's natural the more time you have people take that time. I would just like to finish sooner like joanlizbay if there was enough people interested in doing that. If there is fine and if not that's fine too. I certainly didn't mean all the groups, perhaps just 1 or 2 if they wanted to get done a little quicker. Please accept my apology if my statement came across wrong.

Thanks. Honestly, I was not offended...just wanted another view out there because I think its important to recognize that we all come from different places in our lives. Patricipation is, for me, a way to connect more with people who enjoys quilting. I do not have tons of time outside of work and home to be in a guild. This is my connection.

moonrise 03-30-2013 03:30 AM

Just need an F8 from girlscouts1. :)

urgodschild2 03-30-2013 07:52 AM

I don't care if it is 3 months or 4 months turn around. although for this swap, because I signed up for all of them.....having the 4 months is great. If it changed to 3 months then I would just not signed up for all of them. actually I probably won't signed up for all of them again anyways. It was an experiment to try and it has been tough but I am getting there. Up to almost 60 blocks finished. So will have 30 left to go.

jaydee3 03-30-2013 10:03 AM

Since it was my first time I was afraid to sign up for more, but I didn't have any trouble getting all mine done. Of course postage for all of them would probably put me in the poor house. I wouldn't mind a three month turn around tho.

urgodschild2 03-30-2013 03:40 PM

Talk about postage.....my post offices here...notice I did make it plural as in so. cal you can go to 5 - 6 PO within a 5 mile circle and I have tried them all. Each PO seemed to have their own little rules about how much to charge for international.....Now they have all cracked down and got on the same page and to mail my blocks back to Canada and Englands was $6.55 a piece. For an envelop weighing less then 1 oz. So because I am on a limited budget I am going to have to not do international anymore. Sad because I like having my international friends.

jaydee3 03-30-2013 04:02 PM

Oh my, that is atrocious. I went to a little store like mail boxes and they charged me 1.75. That was okay. I sent the f8 and block at the same time. I would have a stroke at 6.55.

TheMamaHauser 03-30-2013 05:34 PM

Status as of 3/30/2013

It's been almost a month since I've updated my status:

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 650, align: left"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Swap Complete
* = mailed on
3/29 or 3/30[/TD]
[TD]Block Returned
* = mailed on
3/29 or 3/30[/TD]
[TD]Rec'd F8,