Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-pacific-o-group-thread-t212377.html)

lovngrandma 01-29-2013 07:27 PM

moonwork, the applique sounds great, if possible, coudl i know your dads name, as an applique of his name, are initials, are nick name sounds breat, i will do that, if u wnat, are dont mind, got to put baby girl to bed, ttul
hugs hope

dottie dodge 01-29-2013 07:32 PM

Wow! There are some speedsters in this group! I couldn't make the mailer thing work either so have been doing everything by hand. A slow process. But they will be in the mail by the weekend.

jaba 01-29-2013 08:00 PM

I'm hoping if I send it out quick, I'll get mine back quick. Hopefully my fabric choice will speak to you and you'll know exactly what to make. Sort of true, now I can finish some stuff I have to real quick before I start getting yours. Works for me! :thumbup:

moonwork42029 01-29-2013 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by lovngrandma (Post 5824193)
moonwork, the applique sounds great, if possible, coudl i know your dads name, as an applique of his name, are initials, are nick name sounds breat, i will do that, if u wnat, are dont mind, got to put baby girl to bed, ttul
hugs hope

His initials are E G M

He is 82 and likes cats (or at least he has spoiled mine to pieces), books, puzzles and fishing.

He loves the quilt blocks as they come in and checks them all out carefully and is sure to comment on them. He likes the simple ones as much as the detailed ones. If they are too small is the only thing that seems to get his goat.

You can use as much starch as you want because once he discovered how easy it makes things, he keeps the spray bottle full and ready to go. :D

He is my master "ironer" so if any seams are pressed funky -- you'll have to take it up with him.

Scrapper 01-29-2013 09:10 PM

OK OK I'll be the procrastinator of the group:D I've got my fabric washed......that's the extent of my preparedness heehee.......got to do the labels.....got to get stamps....blah blah blah. I am going to try to challenge myself this time and try some new piecing techniques/tools.....oooo scary huh LOL

marcialee 01-29-2013 11:47 PM

Scrapper you are way ahead of me...I don't even have my fabric picked out yet. Have been trying to finish up some other things, but will work on this over the weekend and maybe get it all out by next week. I am usually one of the ones ahead, but this time can't find the extra time. Can't wait, love this swap. Thank you April for setting it up.

TwinRiverFarm 01-30-2013 05:11 AM

Marcialee, how did that gorgeous fabric you used for the last boom come out?? We all wanted to keep it! I think it was to become a wedding gift?? Pictures!! I am working on putting together the Boom 8 blocks this week, hope to figure out photos so I can share them with you all. My f8's should go out today or tomorrow. Does anyone know if it is possible to attatch a copy of the merged labels list to an e-mail? I could send it to anyone who can't get it to work correctly. Listen to me, I sound so confident now that I did one little tech thing successfully! I probably won't get e-mail to work!

Abby's Mom 01-30-2013 05:30 AM

I hope to have all the F8s in the mail today. My fabric is a boring plain black. I put notes in most of them, and then forgot to add them for some. Ended up slitting most envelopes to be sure notes were really there. Tried to be smart and use addresses from past Booms to do some of the envelopes ahead of time and it ended up taking more time overall. Let the fun begin!

joanelizbay 01-30-2013 05:39 AM

Twin, you should be able to save the labels as a file then all you would have to do is attach it to any email you send out. I couldnt get the merge to work either but typed the address on my label form and it worked great. Hope to get several pieces of fabric next week! Cant wait to see what everyone picks!

babyfireo4 01-30-2013 06:03 AM

Wow! Did I not get the memo on the race to send out first :shock: you guys are quick! Hopefully, I can send mine out friday. Only have about 24 of them cut, just can't figure out what to send for the rest..... guess it's time to swim in the stash and see what surfaces :thumbup: Is anyone doing/requesting a side swap?