Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang 9.0 PACIFIC O Group Thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-9-0-pacific-o-group-thread-t212377.html)

goldendog55 03-19-2013 02:01 PM

I'll be able to start working on blocks again soon. I'm still recovering from surgery last week, and I have some dyeing projects to finish up.

missgigglewings 03-19-2013 05:10 PM

hi Judy...I just had thumb surgery last thursday! It is no fun trying to quilt one handed. I whined about for two days before I remember the quilter who is blind! I hope your recovery is quick...mine too!

alikat110 03-19-2013 05:58 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gaijin.....got your beautiful block today....

lovngrandma 03-19-2013 09:50 PM

got girlscouts fat 8th baby in the mail today , really pretty fabric,

Gaijin 03-20-2013 01:03 AM

alikat110,

Your fabric was adorable-I enjoyed making your block!

Gaijin

roseirish48 03-20-2013 05:25 AM

today I will be mailing out all completed blocks--i think there is about 10 of them. i have one more F8 sitting here trying to tell me what pattern to make out of it but so far my hearing is faulty or its speaking Japanese as it came from Japan. I am still waiting on F8s from Mosher and Girlscout so when those are received, I will complete them and Ms Japan F8 and be completely done with this swap. RATS--i was having so much fun!

Elisabrat 03-20-2013 05:55 AM

Roseirish, the upside is you can then start to assemble your quilt! you can figure how large you want it, cut borders, sashing and if your sashing you can start sewing rows. Did you see Jabas's partially assembled quilt? she started rows with a fancy little four patch corner stone between them? Hey I still have half of last boom to assemble. finished one quilt for Rubys but the bigger one from Diamonds I have yet to pull together. soon.

I am working on Nanakathys so that will go out today and then the next will be a mystery. I just pull as I finish from the box. They were all organized but the cat knocked them off the table and the order is now mixed up. Only a few left it wont be a long wait for everyone. Week maybe. Its rainy and cooler this morning so I think its a perfect day for a spot of tea and a good sew.

travelinggramma 03-20-2013 12:38 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Received two awesome blocks
Gaiigin sent me a blocks she calls "hourglas" It has pretty little violets on it and says "May your cares be small and fleeting and your dearest hopes come true"
Quiltingmommy sent me a very colorful "Mini Bowties"
I love them both. I will get my blocks up on the wall to show you how wonderful they look together.
I rec F8 from quiltingmommy and tracibug which leaves only two F8's missing!
thank you one and all!

Elisabrat 03-20-2013 04:02 PM

Travelingrandma! i just finished your block today and in the mail tomorrow it goes!

I recently refolded all my fabrics. big pieces only in bins then on the shelves by 1/2 yd, 1/4 yrd 10x10 and then smaller still. Got rid of a ton. phew. felt better never going to use something that makes only 2 3x2 pieces no way. I tried scrappy in a big way and hated it. So now everything is so organized I pulled fabric for Missgiggle's blck in two seconds. it was that easy. what was I thinking waiting so long? I have another ready to cut on the table and it is all happy days are here again for me!!! I love these booms. No blocks coming back.. guess there is a slow down somewhere along the line??? anyone need me to herd the cattle out of the way so the train can get through with my mail??? hello in there.. the box says noooo body home today.. shoot.

jaba 03-20-2013 06:26 PM

girlscouts1 your blocks for Pacific and Indian are on their way. I finally found some blocks to make with the fabrics you sent me, not sure if you grabbed the wrong ones or was running out of fabric, it was a little difficult with only 7" X 17 1/2" pieces. Mosher 92 I have not received your F8 yet. I am waiting on 18 to come home.