Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 1.0(Sign-Ups Closed)-Need Help Identifying Two Fabrics :-) 09/27/10 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-1-0-sign-ups-closed-need-help-identifying-two-fabrics-09-27-10-a-t32780.html)

cjt_mama 01-13-2010 08:39 PM

Ugh.. So just to vent for a moment... I hate finances!! I had planned to mail everything today as I am supposed to get a check from state disability (still off after baby) on friday. Called to check about the check and was told I won't be getting one until the end of the month due to "processing" of the switch to what is called paid family leave. Ugh!! I have to wait to mail until I get a different check next week. I am sooo sorry ladies. I love being off work with the baby but I hate not being able to budget like I do while I am working.

Ok, finished venting (thanks in advance). The blocks that have been posted so far look great! I have three done and a few others cut. This is a blast!

montanaquilter 01-13-2010 08:52 PM

don't worry about it cjt--i think we all have plenty to do until you can send yours. just send them when you can--remember we do have a few months to finish these up, but i know how you must feel and i'm sorry to hear about no check--that sucks!!

kysmommy2 01-13-2010 09:06 PM

Not at all, BarbS...I just want to get it on its way to you since I know it will take a while for you to receive ;)
I love the soft fabric you sent...Can you give me any hints about the quilt you are going to make with the fabric? Or is it totally scrappy? (If you sent dif ones and want me to send you a pic, I can!
=)

Originally Posted by BarbS

Originally Posted by kysmommy2
=( Barb I am pondering what fabric to out with yours....I am going to try to get yours on its way back to you asap.

Originally Posted by BarbS
Still Squisheeless in Manitoba :(

I feel like a kid waiting for Santa LOL

Hope no one took this to mean that I am in hurry to get my "finished" blocks back......no rush at all in that regard ladies.....I'm just getting antsy waiting for the fabric squishees to arrive so I can play!!!! Just wanted to make sure that no one was feeling pressured....cause I'm certainly not in any hurry in that regard.

:)

BarbS 01-13-2010 09:50 PM

Scrappy works great for me.....I sent out two different fabrics that hopefully can be combined with a wide variety of different fabrics.....I will probably make two quilts using the common backgrounds and maybe sashing to tie it all together. Whatever anyone comes up will be great.....I don't have any real set plan in mind.....just excited to see what others come up with !!! Just have fun with it ......it's all good!!!
Barb

Wine Woman 01-13-2010 09:59 PM

cjt-don't worry we have plenty to do-believe me! Congrats on your new baby they are such a blessing. I recieved four more today!! Yeeeeaaaaaa!
Mistiliz, Nancy in Louisiana, neoma, and kbunn-keep bringing them on!

barbsbus 01-13-2010 10:42 PM

I will be mailing out blocks to purplemem, kysmommy, BarbS and anitariddle tomorrow, Hope they like them.

kysmommy2 01-13-2010 10:47 PM

I am SO excited!! I know I will LOVE it, barbsbus!! I hope you get mine sent to you tomorrow....you should receive it in another day or two! =)
Norbanaquilts: You'll have mail on its way to you tomorrow!!
:)

mistiliz 01-13-2010 11:22 PM

I am mailing out the following blocks tomorrow (FOR SURE):
Sara Vincent, Donna Hanna, Barbara Johnson & Andee Roll.

Thank you & Happy Quilting all,
Liz

mosher92 01-14-2010 02:27 AM

I have not posted as to whom I have received squishies from. Should I be doing that?

LovingIzabella 01-14-2010 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by mosher92
I have not posted as to whom I have received squishies from. Should I be doing that?

It is a good idea to just in case someone who has mailed it sees you may not have received it-just easier to make sure things are getting to where they should be :-)

cjt-no worries we have plenty of time and plenty of blocks to make-just enjoy that precious bundle and I hope things even out for you-it stinks when you can not budget right.

I am loving this swap!!
Hugs
April

Oh yeah I mailed completed blocks to Donna, Barnara Day and Barbara Johnson yesterday (I know I said I was going to mail them on Monday but with the auditors here at work it is a bit crazy!)