Boomerang Friendship Swap ***COMPLETED BLOCKS DUE HOME BY APRIL 10, 2010***
PLEASE DO NOT SEND FABRICS/BLOCKS WITH PERFUME OR OVERWHELMING FRAGRANCES ON THEM DUE TO ALLERGIES
Hello and welcome to the Boomerang Friendship Swap. This swap is about a great opportunity to get a large number of blocks from all over the world made by our online quilting friends. This swap will be limited to the first 36 people to sign up. There will be a three week sign up window and after the three weeks you will have 3 months to complete all blocks. (Unless it fills up faster than that in which case we will close the sign-ups once the 36 spots are full)
This swap is open to anyone and everyone in the group no matter where you may reside no matter your skill level and no matter if you are a new member or an old one :-). This is a great way to get a larger amount of blocks to make a bigger quilt out of from all of your online friends.
How it works:
1) You will select a fabric or selection of fabrics from your stash (or you can buy new-up to you) and cut them in to Fat Eighths (18 x 11).
2) You will send each member in the swap one F8 to work with. The person who receives the fabric will make you a block with your fabric in it.
3) You may advise the person of colors you would prefer they use or not use but please do not request specific blocks. This is meant to be a “friendship” swap where your friends pick, design and create a beautiful 12.5” unfinished block for you based on the fabric you send them.
4) In turn you will receive an F8 from each member in the swap and have to make them a block.
(please make sure to also refer to the basic policies that apply to all swaps announced through the board: http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm )
1) Please make sure all fabric is prewashed prior to making the block and sending it home.
2) When sending your fabric please make sure it is in some kind of sealed item (Ziploc baggy, saran wrap) with a piece of paper or even a peel-off label with your name, address and quilt board name so that the items are protected and won’t get mixed up. Please do this when returning blocks as well. (This way if for some unhuman reason the PO mangles a package the plastic has a chance at saving the work and with an address visible it just might make it home)
3) Please handle all fabric received with the utmost care and place it somewhere where it won’t be lost or forgotten about.
4) In order to help keep track of the blocks sent and received I will be emailing out a chart to all members who participate so that you may fill it in as we go.
5) All blocks should be 12.5” unfinished. They can be regular pieced, paper-pieced, appliquéd-whatever the quilter decides to do. It is up to each individual. Again the feeling is to get a true friendship quilt out of this.
6) You may sign the back of the block if you wish to or perhaps pin a small muslin square with your name, where you live and what the name of the block is.
7) Please measure your block before mailing it. We all started somewhere but it is nice to be able to get all the blocks back measuring the same size so the quilt can go together nicely.
8) Please make a block that you yourself would be happy and proud to call your own.
9) This is a one block per swapper swap. You will have to make 36 blocks. Please be aware of this before you commit yourself if you do not think you would be comfortable making 36 blocks in 3 months.
10) Have FUN!!! This swap will let you explore your creativity as you do not have to make the same block for everyone. You can try that block you always wanted to.
I think you will find yourself enjoying the blocks because you can work at your pace as they come in as long as they are all out by the established deadline once the swap is closed.
If you are interested in joining please PM me with your full name, address, home number and your email address. I will compile a complete list of all members and send out an email to everyone with addresses and the worksheet for keeping track. (the worksheet will also be able for you to mail merge to make labels instead of hand writing all the envelopes :-) )
I look forward to swapping with those of you who join in!
This is the list of people I had as being interested in this swap. Please if you are still interested in joining send me a PM with the pertinent details and confirming you want to play. lAlso, if you do not wish to join and your name is here please let me know. Once there is a star next to your name it means you are confirmed for the swap!
4. blueribbontoes *
5. Bobbinwinder *
7. buddy'smom *
11. colletakay *
14. janecat *
15. Kbunn *
18. LovingIzabella *
19. MadQuilter *
21. MoodyKim *
22. Mosher92 *
23. Nancy in Louisiana *
24. Ninnie *
25. NorBanaquilts *
27. Oklahoma Suzie
28. purplemem *
31. SewJoyce *
32. Sewspecial *
33. susiequilt *
34. Thequilteddove *
36. Warm hugs
36. Wine Woman *
Woo! Hoo! I am SO ready, I ordered my fabric online tonight. I got 8 yards so I could make matching borders /and /or sashing. Thousands of Bolts is having a big sale - $3.85 a yard for quilters cottons.
Please sign me up!
I PM you.
why isn't this showing up under recent topics?
I would like to be a part if I can?
COUNT ME IN,NEOMA RUDOLPH
I am sooooooo ready for this!!
First Block swap I have done!
This is going to be so much fun! Now I have to figure out what fabric I want to use. Hmmm??
So glad you ladies have confirmed! Woohoo this is going to be a fantastic swap!
What a sale MJ! Thanks for sharing.