Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 8.0 Now closed for Signups (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-8-0-now-closed-signups-t195697.html)

kensington 08-10-2012 12:43 PM

I was wondering though... and of course I don't know anything about hosting any of these things. But, what if you changed the Large to a 30 and keep the small a 15, and then if someone wanted a large... 30 or two smalls, they could be either or. If somone wanted 2 large, they could actually work with four 15's and of course the 15's could be just fifteen or you could switch them around to make them work?? Feel free to dismiss this if it isn't helpful or making sense... ROTFLOL> LOL> LOL> LOL

stitchingpost 08-10-2012 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by kensington (Post 5431667)
I buy the generic zip lock bags, and then get the mailing envelopes from the $1 store for shipping. I put one of my address labels on each one so they know who sent it, and I hope they can use it again to put my block in to send it back to me.

I won't use a letter envelope, not taking that kind of chance with my fabric or someone's block.

what kind of mailing envelopes ,like the vnille ones?????????

kensington 08-10-2012 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by stitchingpost (Post 5431699)
what kind of mailing envelopes ,like the vnille ones?????????

Yes... I do believe that one. I can get Card envelopes too though.

stitchingpost 08-10-2012 01:23 PM

i got lots of birthday card envelopes i guess that works?????

kensington 08-10-2012 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by stitchingpost (Post 5431797)
i got lots of birthday card envelopes i guess that works?????

Someone posted back that they use them.

charlottemarie 08-10-2012 04:30 PM

Just a thought, I use envelopes from Walmart, they are labeled Social Envelopes. They come white, in a box of 50 and they have adhesive so no bad taste on your tongue. They are very reasonably priced and they are perfect.

kensington 08-10-2012 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by charlottemarie (Post 5432159)
Just a thought, I use envelopes from Walmart, they are labeled Social Envelopes. They come white, in a box of 50 and they have adhesive so no bad taste on your tongue. They are very reasonably priced and they are perfect.

I rarely shop at Wal Mart, but I may check that out. Thanks

cuppy 08-10-2012 05:29 PM

I did the boom with a set of 39 .. First boom !what an experience. I so enjoyed , I will do it again. 4 months turn around is one third of a year, thinking about it everyday for one third of the year. My response to your suggestion of 4 groups of 15 or 2 groups of 30 at one time, maybe you, however I can not imagine having 3 or 4 spreadsheets at one time to work with.. and all the mail to be delivered into my mailbox, mailing out correctly, the postage fees, were about $48.00 and making all those blocks on time and it oh it would drive my postman to change routes. I am in for 15 this time. I am looking forward to it.

Cuppy

SheriR 08-10-2012 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5431200)
Thank goodness I saw the list before SheriR. She would kill me if she didn't see me signed up for 1 large group...please and thank you.

I was SHOCKED!!! :D Looking at your swap list you must be one busy sewing/swapping princess!!! Maybe we can get some of these ladies to join that siggie swap. Wouldn't a friendship quilt with reversible siggie blocks be FUN!!!

SheriR 08-10-2012 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5431477)
WOO HOO!!! I made the list...I'm at the bottom, but heck...I made the list!!!! :D

YOyo!! The list is alphbetical! :D I happen to know you were one of the first to sign up for this swap!! <3 Another of my sewing/swapping princesses!