Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 9.0 - Signups are Now Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-9-0-signups-now-closed-t209908.html)

travelinggramma 01-16-2013 09:24 AM

I am getting so excited seeing all the different fabric. That is what I love best. PLEASE make sure you add a note on what you have in mind (ex: oriental, owls, etc) so we can think in that framework while looking at the F8!
Nexxus - you are my inspiration for this swap. I am sending out deep dark blue so everyone can add their brights to it and jazz it up. I simply loved how your black material inspired me and so many others last swap and the blocks were so awesome!
And for the newbies - it would be a good idea to save some of the material for yourself to add a block or two if needed.
I am waiting for my mom to visit with her sister (85 and 80yo) and have them play with my blocks from Boom8! should be funny!!

lovngrandma 01-16-2013 10:31 AM

ok, I am a newbie to this kind of swap, but i am sending different to each, some i jsut bought, and is not in yet, but i love bright, not to fond of gold solid fabric, are avacodo green, but love all others, love sparkle and glitx, and funny, whimisical, and nto sure waht im doing yet with the ones get, but am tossing about a couple of patterns , will be making one block for practice today for another block group, called card tricks, so not sure, jsut yet, anyone got pics of the fabric they will be sinding, i have some batiks already cut and going to cut a few more today, nad i can take pics of anyone wants to see, I know i have 15 but i am going to try to have enough for a lg group, are another small one, so so cool, loving it,

Short an Sweet 01-16-2013 11:46 AM

cool I think thats what I'll do

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 5790269)
short and sweet you can still send it out if you want to. You don't have to send the same fabric to everyone, each F8 can be different if that's what you decide. You get 8 cuts per yard. The last boom for 1 group I sent out vege's and fruit, all different, and made placemats.

marytoddliz 01-16-2013 12:44 PM

I am going to send out Chili peppers, I want to make a southwest quilt. Think Arizona, or New mexico if you get my fabric!

travelinggramma 01-16-2013 01:02 PM

Oh Marybeth - I have AZ fabric!! Got me some cowboys and cowgirls and Indian pottery fabric!!

Short an Sweet 01-16-2013 01:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this is the fabric I'm gonna start with, if I cant find more by Saturday I will pick out a second fabric also[ATTACH=CONFIG]388468[/ATTACH]

LovingIzabella 01-16-2013 02:02 PM

I love the enthusiasm you all have. I did get the emails I just am running a little short on time this week. Friday night is my quiet night so I will have all the groups arranged then and know exactly where we stand :)
Hugs
April

Yosamitesa 01-16-2013 02:14 PM

I'm sending a St. Patrick's fabric. It is going to be an anniversary quilt for hubby and me because we got married on St. Patrick's day!!! :)

babyfireo4 01-16-2013 02:14 PM

Can I still join? I would love to be in a large group.

LovingIzabella 01-16-2013 02:23 PM

Of course you can Mal :)
Hugs
April