Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 9.0 - Signups are Now Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-9-0-signups-now-closed-t209908.html)

roseirish48 01-19-2013 08:45 AM

This is my first time doing this swap also. I watched my daughter doing her blocks with last swap and kicked butt for not joining when she mentioned it to me but felt at time I already had too many commitments. But watching all the fun the group was having it would have been worth being a bit stressed over getting them done in time. Now I am anxiously waiting to get started on this swap even though I have many irons already in the pot with NYB blocks, PaintmeJudy's 3rd mystery quilt not finished, and quilt for quilters swap and Wyldwytch's quilt along. Guess I like stress of this sort long asit lets me sew and quilt. Where are my names and addresses? envelopes bursting with f8's waiting to be made into fabulous creations? I hate waiting....

urgodschild2 01-19-2013 09:06 AM

Oh yes I will be sure that you get one of these. I signed up for every group so we should be together some how. LOL>

lovngrandma 01-19-2013 09:07 AM

I love the rosees, they woudl sure becool as corners are centers, are oh all around, so pretty the grey is interesting also

Originally Posted by oldcatlady (Post 5795639)
I went to Joann's today with the intention of just stocking up on some Kona cotton solids they have on sale. I realized during my last Boom that I did not have very much solid fabrics. It's on sale for 40% off. I was able to find some really nice blender fabric on sale also. I was planning on searching the internet for the fabric I am going to send but it jumped right out at me at Joann's :) I'm doing 1 large and a small group or 3 small depending on how April breaks it down (thinking about doing an extra small one :shock:) One group will get the 3 coordinating fabrics-thinking 'shabby chic', very feminine; the other group(s) will get the grey print. I haven't decided what to ask with the grey one yet-a touch of pink?, white, grey tonals?, any suggestions??? will try to get washed,cut and packaged this weekend but I have my row robin to work on.

Nelco 01-19-2013 10:13 AM

I got my stamps yesterday. Now when I get my names and address the stamps will go on and in the mail.

ahwu 01-19-2013 11:46 AM

I want in. I miss the last one. Hopfully, not too late for this one. I can do two small groups or one big group. April, I am emailing you right now. Can't wait..

SazuBMidlands 01-20-2013 03:38 AM

I look at some of the photos people get from these swaps, and I'm really tempted to join. Just not sure of the costs involved with being in the UK - and I'm thinking both for myself and for everyone else. Are there any other internationals who've played before who might have an idea?

Abby's Mom 01-20-2013 04:58 AM

We've had international swappers before - Scotland, England, Australia, Ireland that I can think of. I believe it was a little over $1. for us to send to you. The real expense is for you to send to everyone. Hope this helps. Would love to have you join, it's a treat to have someone that may have access to different fabric and ideas!

buddy'smom 01-20-2013 05:10 AM

Would be great for you to join, you could start with a small group to see how you like it. I don't mind the mailing cost, it's really not to bad.

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands (Post 5798883)
I look at some of the photos people get from these swaps, and I'm really tempted to join. Just not sure of the costs involved with being in the UK - and I'm thinking both for myself and for everyone else. Are there any other internationals who've played before who might have an idea?

LovingIzabella 01-20-2013 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands (Post 5798883)

Jacquie joined us in the last round you may want to see if she will let you know the cost she incurred. I find that mailing outside of the US is not too bad because it is not a huge package. I am not sure on your end though what it entails. I sure hope you will join us..we love international swappers!!
Hugs
April

LovingIzabella 01-20-2013 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by awilson (Post 5796301)
I am new to the quilting board and joined just for this swap. I am a beginner quilter and am excited but also nervous. I am hoping to learn a lot of new blocks to try! What does 12.5" unfinished mean? What should the block size be after I am all done sewing it? Thanks for all your help in advance!

You have already been given some great advice on size. What I would like to add is that the reason we cal lthis a friendship swap is because we are all here to help! We all started somewhere and it is important to have a support group so you know what you are doing wrong and can fix it. It's like your own personal cheerleading squad :) So don't be nervous and have FUN!!
Hugs
April