Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Boomerang Friendship Swap 9.0 - Signups are Now Closed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boomerang-friendship-swap-9-0-signups-now-closed-t209908.html)

LovingIzabella 01-20-2013 05:49 AM

I will be doing an update today of who I have and what size group they wanted to be in :)
Hugs
April

Country1 01-20-2013 06:29 AM

Count me n again. Thanks for all the hard work you put in!..
Penny aka Country1

jaba 01-20-2013 06:46 AM

boom 8

1 Attachment(s)
I posted this on the rubies group for the last boom but thought I would post on here also so the new ones to our group can see the results you can get. I love these friendship quilts from all over the world. These most definately stay at my house. Mine is ready for the quilting table and binding but you can get the idea. I love the way it turned out.[ATTACH=CONFIG]389344[/ATTACH]

Elisabrat 01-20-2013 07:01 AM

that came out so well Jaba love your border print it really ties it all together. I didn't mind sending overseas last time. I think there was just a bit of time delay. It was fun you can pretty much put your f8 in a regular envelope and the returning of the blocks was also on most of them easy to get into a regular envelope. the more seams there are the heavier a block will be in mailing. I suggest you take one of your own ufo quilt blocks and weight it and then you will get an accurate cost of mailing.

Almost there I think right??? yipppeee happy halloweenieeee!

moonwork42029 01-20-2013 08:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple from past booms too so you can see what wonderful blocks you can get:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389376[/ATTACH]
Used the light green floral for sending out
[ATTACH=CONFIG]389377[/ATTACH]
Used the rainbow striped for the f8

Dad can hardly wait for the next one to start :)

LovingIzabella 01-20-2013 09:07 AM

Moon is that dad?? Love it!!! He is adorable :)
Hugs
April

tlambing 01-20-2013 09:45 AM

Oh Moon! Your "Vanna" brings a smile to my face.
What lovely work too!

Nelco 01-20-2013 09:52 AM

Moon..Thanks for posting your pic..gives me ideas for when I receive my f8.

oldcatlady 01-20-2013 09:58 AM

I am so ahead of myself I just can't believe it :) :) :) I have my fabric washed, cut, wrapped, in envelopes, return address and stamp on, just waiting for a label to send out! I have never been this far ahead or this organized. A little scary!

I have 54 ready, so if I'm in 1 large and 1 small OR 3 small, I'll still have a few left over for side swaps :)

I love having international swappers, not really an extra exspense for me, just more fun!

moonwork42029 01-20-2013 11:02 AM

Yep, that's my Dad...all 82 years young and a great helper by ironing all my seams. ;)

The 1st quilt we decided to set on point as the blocks just "screamed" for it. Dad loves to help show off the end result and gets a kick out of showing them off.

With the 2nd quilt, I made 1/2 blocks so I could stagger the arrangement of the full blocks and made it a little funkier than normal given the brightest of it.

Be sure to keep some of your fabric in case you have to make some "filler" blocks.