Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BRIGHT Side of Life...6-1/2" square fabric swap -- CLOSED (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/bright-side-life-6-1-2-square-fabric-swap-closed-t190785.html)

DoriDeS 06-07-2012 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 5271804)
I'm hoarding mine !!!!:o

to funny luv that's what I have been doing and my stack is getting tall....lolol needing to start just one more project I guess lololol

marybrace 06-07-2012 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Yosamitesa (Post 5271785)
Baby quilts
Newborns in Need quilts
Tablerunner
Mini quilt
Twister quilt
Doll quilts
Attic Window quilts (the window squares)
Pinwheels
:D Do any of those help?
4 patches to make a 12" square, coupled with other 12"squares to make a quilt
Used pieces in my Boomerang swap
I-Spy quilts
cut them into strips for a piano key style border,
cut to 5" and use as charms
Some of the embroidered ones have been framed
Mug rugs
Coasters
Placemats
Hotpads
I have WAY too many ideas in my head today...think I had better go grab lunch. :)

and then luvToQuilt admitted that she is hoarding hers.......I have used some of the above suggestions but the majority of mine are in the "hoarding" stack. The "I Spy" are obvious but I'm not very creative with the other themes. Well "smack me down", I forgot that I have decided to use luv's black and white 10 1/2 inchers for a table runner for new neighbors and their open house. Right now I'm digging out and trying to organize my sewing room, ironing and starching so I can "lock" myself in when the remodel begins on the family room and kitchen. We will be down to bare walls and even the removal of one wall. No kitchen so no cooking....hubby blew the microwave the other day so the one really useful thing is "caput" until the new appliances are installed.....but I'm not too proud to eat out every night.
I'm going to be good and skip the next swap here and luv's.....but you can't get completely rid of me... I'll be checking in to be sure sapdoggie behaves and minds her p's and q's. (Oh gosh, I can hardly wait to read what she does with the phrase "P's and Q's".)

Yosamitesa 06-07-2012 11:32 AM

Tee hee...she is saving her "Pennies" and "Quarters" I'm sure. :D

SheriR 06-07-2012 12:55 PM

She's sleeping on her "Pillows and Quilts". And Dori...I dont use my squares. I admit to hording them like luv... My girls however have made super cute I spy Quilts...

Yosamitesa 06-08-2012 07:34 AM

Upcoming Swaps!!!

July will be I-Spy Cartoony Fun -- think kid-friendly, whimsical, cartoons, dancing dinos, sunglass wearing monkeys, cats wearing hats, etc. The twist will be red, white, &/or blue noodles (2-1/2" strips).

August will be Animal Ark -- think creatively and outside the box too...animals, animal tracks, animal prints, etc. The twist will be yellow &/or orange noodles (2-1/2" strips)

Hope that helps with ideas to look for this summer!!!

Yosamitesa 06-11-2012 08:20 AM

List of Swappers!!!

Hostess (me) - 6 sets, 4 twists -- received
luvTooQuilt - 6 sets -- received
sapdoggie - 6 sets -- received
SheriR - 6 sets, 6 twists
mrs.sherbert - 6 sets, 6 twists
LillyG - 6 sets, 6 twists
DoriDes - 6 sets, 6 twists
sustraley - 6 sets
serenitybygrace - 6 sets, 3 twists
Areinn - 6 sets, 6 twists
girlscounts1 - 6 sets
girlsfour - 6 sets, 6 twists
hensandhollyhocks - 6 sets
----------------------------------
Total of 78 sets!!! :) (26 more until full)

Starting to fill up. :) -- Yep!!! Lots more twisters this time!!!

Tomorrow is the last day to sign up!!! :)

Yosamitesa 06-12-2012 10:07 AM

We are closed at 78 sets!!! Time to start getting those babies in!!! :)

Yosamitesa 06-13-2012 06:46 AM

REMINDER!!! I would like to have these in hand no later than Wednesday, 06/20/2012, 1 week from today!!! Please start getting them in!!! :)

sapdoggie 06-13-2012 10:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here you go - What I have done with my squares :D :o ;) :D

My grandson loves to open the squishies. He is really quite good at coordinating designs and sizes !

sapdoggie 06-13-2012 10:48 AM

Just minding my "P's" and "Q's"- pennies and quarters, pickles and quail, and precious grandkids wrapped in their quilts :D

Been busy corralling the mob- four - all under five years old. :thumbup:

Be back soon to keep you all in line :D :) :D