Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Civil War Block swap - One, Two Three (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/civil-war-block-swap-one-two-three-t195372.html)

islandwiz1 07-31-2012 03:38 PM

Civil War Block

1 Attachment(s)
Here is Star of Virginia with BOO BOO!!!

frustratedquilter40 07-31-2012 04:09 PM

I have that background in my Civil War BOM! Love your block the colors look great.:)

frustratedquilter40 07-31-2012 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by jillnjo (Post 5407936)
Frustrated, I love both of your blocks!! Yes, it's maddening to come up a tiny bit short. I work with them if it's for me, but really want my swap blocks to be on target! You are right about making one and getting a feel for how it sews up before doing them all.

I know it is my first swap on here do some on flicker. And I can be a perfectionist especially when shipping to someone else. I am going to take remake that one and try to do what Deb stated to make sure they turn out the correct size since we have till October.

SheriR 07-31-2012 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5409175)
So then we can make two sets, and SheriR is the first to go so far and do that? Am I reading this right? You are already done with your first set SheriR, and they thought I was OCD.

Gosh no, I haven't even started sewing. I need to go through my stash or get to a QS. But I do intend on making (at least) more then one set! ....Call me crazy!

islandwiz1 07-31-2012 05:33 PM

Is my Boo Boo ok with everyone or do I have to go buy more fabric and fix it?

Carolyn

SheriR 07-31-2012 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by islandwiz1 (Post 5409442)
Is my Boo Boo ok with everyone or do I have to go buy more fabric and fix it?

Carolyn

I looked and looked...What's the boo boo? :D

Deb watkins 08-01-2012 03:07 AM

Best way I can think of to make sure your points are good is when you are sewing the 1/4 seam, make sure your needle goes right over where the two threads make the X on the geese . Nice colors for the blocks I am seeing!

QuilterMomma 08-01-2012 08:41 AM

Looking good on colors and mine will fit in nicely. Still have not sewn them up but have the 4.5" hst done. I am using the paper piecing method (sheets 8x10) to make my 2.5" HST. This way less trimming as long as I press and not iron. I get a little heavy handed sometimes. Just ask my kids :D

Deb watkins 08-01-2012 09:02 AM

You can make as many sets of this as you want. The most I have had come in any swap was 5. Karen was real active!!!! Three seems to be pushing it a bit, some do two.....most only do one set......do what you are comfortable with!!!

islandwiz1 08-01-2012 03:41 PM

I guess no one noticed the boo boo on my block except me. I will have to tell you. My light fabric is a directional one and I didn't realize this until I did all four blocks then I saw the BOO BOO. Should I go buy more fabric ???