Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Civil War Block swap - One, Two Three (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/civil-war-block-swap-one-two-three-t195372.html)

Deb watkins 09-10-2012 04:47 PM

Handi and Hauser - your blocks came today.

totosmom 09-12-2012 12:08 PM

Oh, man, I wish I had seen this earlier! I have a drawer full of CW fabrics and nothing to do with them. Dang!

Veronica 09-12-2012 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by benndm (Post 5500341)
I told myself, "no more swaps until I get some of my other swap blocks quilted". I've been trying to resist this swap but I love civil war fabrics. I give up. Sign me up.

LOL!
I'm the same way, I just love seeing everyone's blocks.
It's hard to resist.
I better get stitching.

Deb watkins 09-12-2012 05:53 PM

totosmom.....I am a softee.....you are in.

totosmom 09-12-2012 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Deb watkins (Post 5510259)
totosmom.....I am a softee.....you are in.

Yay! Thanks. Here are some of the fabrics I'm thinking of using:

Annaquilts 09-12-2012 09:10 PM

Can't wait to see your pretty browns blocks. Mine ended up all having blues and golds and some a little red or green.

Originally Posted by totosmom (Post 5510335)
Yay! Thanks. Here are some of the fabrics I'm thinking of using:

totosmom 09-13-2012 03:20 AM

Yeah, for some reason my eyes smile when I see dark browns (or taupes ... yum) and sky blues. But I also have some other blue stars that aren't in the pic. Good thing they're all washed.

Looking forward to the swap. You ladies make lovely blocks!

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5510558)
Can't wait to see your pretty browns blocks. Mine ended up all having blues and golds and some a little red or green.

totosmom 09-13-2012 03:26 AM

OK, so here's a question: is a set a group of three different blocks or a group of four of the same blocks?

And another: are we pressing all the seams open or just the Double T?

Hey, this is fun!

Originally Posted by Deb watkins (Post 5486754)
I didn't figure this one out as you are only making 4 of three different blocks.....and can use different colors for each block set.

Annaquilts 09-13-2012 05:26 AM

I think some years ago there was a line called Vicksburg that had all browns, tans and blues. I still mean to make an all browns ansd blues quilt. I hope I get atleast one of your browns and blues blocks in the swap.

Originally Posted by totosmom (Post 5510715)
Yeah, for some reason my eyes smile when I see dark browns (or taupes ... yum) and sky blues. But I also have some other blue stars that aren't in the pic. Good thing they're all washed.

Looking forward to the swap. You ladies make lovely blocks!

Annaquilts 09-13-2012 05:30 AM

I hope this is correct-

1 set is 12 blocks of 12 1/2 in. unfinnished
made up of-

4 blocks of Star of Virginia,
4 blocks of Shoo Fly,
4 of Double T.

Originally Posted by totosmom (Post 5510725)
OK, so here's a question: is a set a group of three different blocks or a group of four of the same blocks?

And another: are we pressing all the seams open or just the Double T?

Hey, this is fun!