Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Civil War Block swap - One, Two Three (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/civil-war-block-swap-one-two-three-t195372.html)

rwquilts 09-13-2012 05:34 AM

To add to what Anna shared, each of the four same blocks needs to be made with the same fabrics...but you can vary the 3 different patterns. In other words, the Double T's can be with different fabrics than the Shoo Fly and Star of Virginia.

totosmom 09-13-2012 07:16 AM

I can make that happen!

Originally Posted by Annaquilts (Post 5510942)
I hope I get atleast one of your browns and blues blocks in the swap.

totosmom 09-13-2012 07:17 AM

OK, so that is just what I thought. I just wanted to be sure before I start cutting.

You guys rock!

Originally Posted by rwquilts (Post 5510977)
To add to what Anna shared, each of the four same blocks needs to be made with the same fabrics...but you can vary the 3 different patterns. In other words, the Double T's can be with different fabrics than the Shoo Fly and Star of Virginia.

totosmom 09-13-2012 11:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK Deb ... and fellow swappers. Aware of being just a little behind, I've chosen the fabrics for my three blocks. Please let me know if anything simply will not work.

The three with the grey stars on blue will be the Virginia Star while the brown and blue to the right will be the Shoo Fly block, and the brown and gold will be the Double T block. I'm not absolutely certain about the last combo and may switch the gold to a beige-y something. Or not. Depends on how it turns out.

I think these will probably all work.

QuilterMomma 09-13-2012 12:25 PM

You are not behind totosmom, we have a little time yet to get them there. I am working on mine also. I have the shoofly done, the pieces for the double T cut out and ready, then realized I am short for the Virginia Star so hopefully they still have the fabric or I am going to have to start over on them.

Your colors look good to me. From the photo, the one you say is gold actually looks tan/beige to me.

Deb watkins 09-13-2012 03:08 PM

I am looking at the first one with the LARGE stars.....I am not so sure that is CW style....what do the rest of you think?

SheriR 09-13-2012 03:49 PM

I can see some stores selling it as CW. But you're the boss, deb!

rwquilts 09-13-2012 04:07 PM

I like it?

Garnet1265 09-13-2012 06:07 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Garnet1265 (Post 5464664)
Here are the first 3 fabrics I purchased and began cutting out today. Decided to start with the hardest, the Double T block. Then if I decide on another set, then back to the quilt shop for me.

I have tried to upload a picture of my fabric but the system keeps telling me the upload failed. I even cropped the picture a bit to make it smaller. Any suggestions?

Kristin
Garnet1265

Finally got the picture uploaded, but had to use my phone...But it worked!

totosmom 09-14-2012 06:32 AM

Lovely fabrics Garnet. They go together very well, and I particularly like the tan one. Will that be the background to two different Ts?