Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Doll Quilt Swap #50 ! October 2013 Sign up here! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/doll-quilt-swap-50-october-2013-sign-up-here-t230888.html)

kwiltkrazy 10-02-2013 04:54 PM

Kiffie have fun.

mooretll 10-03-2013 09:00 AM

been in contact with my partner and now to get designing.

kiffie2413 10-03-2013 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy (Post 6327048)
Kiffie have fun.

I am! My lil granddaughter is coming over for "Grammy" time tonight. She loves to sit on my lap and push the start/stop button and "help" me sew. She knows all about Grammy's swapping here..she will ask me if I "have anything new from my quilt friends from the computer?" when she comes over. She's also been known to "Just love that lil " that might have come in. Once I received a lil pillow pincushion as an extra on the fq swap, she loved it "so much" with that sweet lil "please look"; it's now a doll pillow for her favorite doll..lol
Regards,
Kif

kwiltkrazy 10-03-2013 04:29 PM

Can't wait to have lil grands, my oldest son is getting married this month, so maybe there is still a chance. I don't know though, they say they probably won't have any.

jaba 10-03-2013 05:10 PM

One of my great grand daughters, 2 grandkids and kids will be here next week. I can hardly wait to see them. I get pretty tired when they are here but it is so worth it. Doctor appts. tomorrow if I can make it there, 115 miles away and it is winter here today, tomorrow and through Saturday. We have 3" of snow right now and it's still snowing, fireplace is going and it's 31.5 degrees. Winter is here.....

kiffie2413 10-03-2013 06:08 PM

Jaba,
Enjoy your family! And your winter weather...I sure do miss the winters we used to have...I am up in the panhandle area of Texas, so we actually do get snow...often when we do its a "Blue Norther".
http://www.weather.com/news/blue-norther-20121003
It brings along howling winds and drifts 6-7+ feet out in the country where we live. I could do without the strong winds...but I love the snow! And, I love rain...but the last 2-3 years we have been in a terrible drought, so any precipitation we get I am thankful for! Be safe if you do get out to the Dr tomorrow!

Kwiltkrazy,
Dh and I weren't going to have children when we married, either...til about 2 yrs later I got "baby fever". We have one son, who is the light of our lives, along with his wife and our lil granddaughter. Hubby and I also waited a long time to be Grampy and Grammy. Our granddaughter was 4 in June, and we are gaining a grandson in December! We only have the one son, he and dil say 2 kids will be it for them. Before our son married, it was a family joke about him being an "old bachelor"...tho he was only in his mid 20's. Also before he married I would tell him I was "going to be my own grandma, since I was never going to be anyone else's!". Son has the same "wonderful?" sense of humor dh and I have. He got to where he would reply, "don't worry Mom, I will find out if any potential dates have grandkids for ya!".
So, never fear!! Grandchildren may be in your future... I always say I respect people's decisions to have children or not..or to have only 1 child. It's much better for people who don't want children to not have them, especially for the child. This is only my humble opinion...and we all know the saying about people's opinions...
K

kwiltkrazy 10-03-2013 06:24 PM

I agree with you. people who don't want children shouldn't have them. But, both of them would be great parents, and I would be a magnificent grandma.Hahaha

kiffie2413 10-03-2013 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy (Post 6329347)
I agree with you. people who don't want children shouldn't have them. But, both of them would be great parents, and I would be a magnificent grandma.Hahaha

I bet you would make an amazing grandma! I wanted to tell you some of my family's story to let you know even "us peeps" who say we don't think we will have kids sometimes change our minds...and in my case, I CAN'T imagine not having my son...or my granddaughter! Hubby, either...he and our son are "thick as thieves".
My comment about respecting peoples decisions on children partly comes from dh and I have had comments about only having one child...Now I wouldn't presume to comment to anyone about how many children they have, or don't have. That's a personal decision. Also sometimes people cannot have children, or can have only one.
I also have a cousin, who I am sorry to say, took off and left her 3 children with her husband (their dad). From what I know she seems to be just fine being gone from them. She had said before she wished she hadn't had the first one..then proceeded to have 2 more. I just can't wrap my mind around that. But in that case the kids are better off being with their dad.
Regards,
Kif

kwiltkrazy 10-03-2013 07:50 PM

Our boys are my husband and my treasures, we are finding it very hard not having them in our lives every day, one lives in Ohio and the other lives 14 miles away. but we hear from the one that lives in Ohio more often than we do he one near by. But the one near by often shows up with something to do like process a deer into the freezer. He lives in the Forest service barrack so he doesn't have the facilities, but we always enjoyed doing things together, and we had a lot of fun. I miss doing things with them all the time. Making Christmas cookies, cooking special dinners, dyeing Easter Eggs........ Well, enough ranting. good night to all.

kiffie2413 10-04-2013 01:05 AM

Kwiltkrazy,
That's not ranting...that's reminiscing! And we mom's deserve to do that...I often feel like it just can't have been 20 years since my son was in elementary school...sigh... So you just reminisce all you want!
K