Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Eager Beavers Chat and photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/eager-beavers-chat-photos-t104448.html)

RNUNU 04-19-2011 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
Dayle, congrats on re-arranging everything. I found the best storage boxes for 12 1/2" blocks - > Pizza BOxes. They fit nicely and lay flat without folding them.

Yes .... they do. What I have done here is .... took one of those Pizza Boxes ..... padded just the top lid portion, covered it in a Ivory colored piece of flannel I had ..... and use it to lay out pieces I am making a block with and get a good idea how the block is going to look (especially when making different blocks each time) .... and like you said, these blocks lay flat in the box also, until ready to be sewn together. Also ... the padded box can lay right near where you are sewing .... so you don't have leave your machine and use a display board in another area.

Boopers 04-19-2011 08:50 PM

We had a surplus of political signs around here and I collected a few. I have one covered in batting and use it as a small design board. Works great.

jacquie 04-19-2011 10:33 PM

:shock:
Patti!! what are you insinuating!!!! lol... :)

actually! when we're not in 'Kevin' leaves parcels in the old stable... and writes on the letter through the door ' package in stable, kevin'.
(i think he's after a 'tip' in his christmas card! i HOPE that's ALL he's after!!) lol
he's actually very thoughtful. the old couple who live along the lane leave out their mail for him to take with him, as we're 2 miles up the farm road, & well way from civilisation. V kind of him.

tut tut patti!! for thinking such a thing!! i don't think he'd look twice at me actually, he's seen me in my crumpled state, when he's wakened me out of bed ROFL!!! that's enough to scare the cats!!!
haha...

pattis47 04-20-2011 03:33 AM

I was sure you would get a chuckle out of that, and pretty sure you would not take it the wrong way... lol
My postman is just as thoughtful. When I get a package and I am not here, he leaves it with my neighbor and then the boys bring it over when they see me get home. I think either today or tomorrow will be your lucky day.....lets hope

Originally Posted by jacquie
:shock:
Patti!! what are you insinuating!!!! lol... :)

actually! when we're not in 'Kevin' leaves parcels in the old stable... and writes on the letter through the door ' package in stable, kevin'.
(i think he's after a 'tip' in his christmas card! i HOPE that's ALL he's after!!) lol
he's actually very thoughtful. the old couple who live along the lane leave out their mail for him to take with him, as we're 2 miles up the farm road, & well way from civilisation. V kind of him.

tut tut patti!! for thinking such a thing!! i don't think he'd look twice at me actually, he's seen me in my crumpled state, when he's wakened me out of bed ROFL!!! that's enough to scare the cats!!!
haha...

jacquie 04-20-2011 07:22 AM

BooHoo... :(
still nothing!!
you could be right, maybe tomorrow, 'it's only a day a way'...
(shut up!! Annie!!!)
lol...

maine ladybug 04-20-2011 09:23 AM

Oh no, another night of ear plugs! LOL

RNUNU 04-23-2011 03:10 PM

Hi Girls --

I'm busy-busy working on "My View" .... very intense and slow going, but coming along. I will post a couple of pictures as soon as a little more progress has been made on it.

While I've been busy working on my project .... Herman put a project together for me today ..... I posted it on the QB ... click on the link and take a look at it.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/tpr?p=3095079&t=118302

--- Dayle

maine ladybug 04-23-2011 03:18 PM

Looks great Dayle ( and Herman )! I have one that sits on the counter that holds my rulers, but I really like the idea that you can hang it up and it can hold the rotary cutters too.

RNUNU 04-23-2011 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
Looks great Dayle ( and Herman )! I have one that sits on the counter that holds my rulers, but I really like the idea that you can hang it up and it can hold the rotary cutters too.

Thank You - Joan
Herman is so tickled with himself, that it came out so good.

:wink:

maine ladybug 04-23-2011 07:31 PM

HAPPY EASTER to all you early birds! It's almost time for exchanging our "views". Can't wait!