Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/elisabrats-fall-halloween-tablerunner-table-mat-swap-t226990.html)

dabbler312 09-02-2013 07:09 AM

I wish it would rain some here - it's so dry. I've been watering trees for the past couple of days; Brian looks at me like I've lost my last marble but they need water; all of our trees have been planted within the past ten years; I want to make certain they last.

I love all the sneaky peaks at fabrics - love the witches hat block; would be easy to replicate. I'm off to cut out the table runner for my partner - she's been patiently waiting for me to catch up and finish so we can mail to each other.

You all have a wonderful day.

sapdoggie 09-02-2013 07:20 AM

Oh partner - yosamitesa - where are you ??? Haven't "heard" from you lately? How far along are you on my runner? Yours is finished you know :thumbup: Nana-nana-boo-boo I beat you this time .

tlambing 09-02-2013 07:30 AM

The Halloween wall hanging I'm doing at the LQS for the block of the week is:
Home is where the haunt is by Kimberbell. It really is adorable and is only 7 weeks!

Enjoy your labor day everyone.

Quercus Rubra 09-02-2013 07:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay so if today is decision day -- I have a big one to make. Actually that would be two of them that I need to make.

I finished the tablerunner that I was working on ... Yea!! ... only to discover that the front & back shifted since I don't have a walking foot. Now my side seams are showing the oppisite side by a 1/8" rather blareingly as the front is dark and the back is light. Decision one is to buy binding tomorrow when I going to be near a JoAnn's or leave it alone. See picture below ... and tell me what you think?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]433691[/ATTACH]

Second Decision is finding some navy blue fabric that will fit the second runner for my other partner. I thought I had some but it looks like I was wrong .... man I hate when that happens. Well at least I think I know which pattern I'm going to use .... maybe.... :shock: :eek: :D.

Desperatily in need of coffee...
Tricia

sapdoggie 09-02-2013 07:53 AM

Quercus Rubra - I would leave it and go on to your next runner. You have added a unique design element :)

Now as to decision making for the day, I have had my coffee, now no excuse to not get going on something :D

DustysMomma 09-02-2013 10:54 AM

Cindy's is 57"x17" if I remember right. I think I went to the other end of the size range, lol. It's a good thing she said she had a 4'x8' table, because this is going to fill half of it!

Quercus Rubra 09-02-2013 03:17 PM

Okay I found a blue that might work but now I need to find something to "Fall" to go with it..... I did some fabric coloring but I'm not quite happy with it but the outcome was more about a giving the brain a rest. Tomorrow I'll think about it... tonight I'm going to play computer games.

Tricia

terriamn 09-02-2013 03:28 PM

Another sneak peak

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433795[/ATTACH]TerriamnTerriamn

Cindy60545 09-02-2013 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by DustysMomma (Post 6269899)
Cindy's is 57"x17" if I remember right. I think I went to the other end of the size range, lol. It's a good thing she said she had a 4'x8' table, because this is going to fill half of it!

Well I'll be dipped! You sure got that one right! It rained this morning, so the temps stayed down long enough for me to get some good sewing in. Guess what?? I got the fall side of your runner done! WOOHOO! Now on to the Halloween side. It's not going to be as easy as the fall side was. Don't fret about finishing mine til after your company is gone. We'll get it together next week sometime. Enjoy you company.

Elisabrat 09-02-2013 06:20 PM

Terriam love it! I am such a sucker for pumpkins. Maybe I can have this one??? (shush up you naysayers on me having the whole slew of runners). My partners table runner is finished and ready to mail. I hope she likes it I think its very pretty.

So today I sewed my big tail off (unfortunately it didn't fall off) and have two pieced pot holders done! two sets to finish tomorrow all done tops but not quilted yet. And a wall hanging put the binding on it today also. Oh yes sewed my partners home décor item came out very cute :) and I feel like my two days off were used very well. I pulled weeds today too! yipppeeee! lol it was a lovely day outside overcast and not really hot. I would love to see it like that all week long. Tomorrow I will use some zucchini up so if you have a great recipe send it to me! I have three medium sized caught before they were monster zuc's and well they are saying use me use me so I best do that. I know one would make two loaves of bread, I was thinking lasagna but doubt Steve would eat that.. fritta? hum.. ideas?