Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "A Fall Fantasy" Funky Swap... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fall-fantasy-funky-swap-t190644.html)

QuilterMomma 06-05-2012 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ms Grace (Post 5266502)
Yep! Fall is my favorite season too!
I'm ready to join.

UM.....Quiltermomma, are you ready?
I'm waiting for you!:D

You just know how to twist an arm Ms. Grace. I just love working with you. Since we come as a pair and Red would miss both of us if we did not join in, then I will have some fun as well and sign up for this swap. Fall has my favorite colors and is what my house is in. I am going to have to work on the blocks after the other committments. Good thing the deadline is a bit yet. I know I have fabric so will get on this by end of month hopefully.

Ms Grace 06-05-2012 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5266996)
You just know how to twist an arm Ms. Grace. I just love working with you. Since we come as a pair and Red would miss both of us if we did not join in, then I will have some fun as well and sign up for this swap. Fall has my favorite colors and is what my house is in. I am going to have to work on the blocks after the other committments. Good thing the deadline is a bit yet. I know I have fabric so will get on this by end of month hopefully.

Yes, I have lots of practice at arm twisting.;)
I love working with you too & I can't wait to see what we come up with for this swap.
I love the fall colors.
I have to finish my chicken blocks first, then I will start on these.
Let the fun begin....

QuilterMomma 06-05-2012 08:45 AM

Here is an idea, knowing you like chickens, how about a fall background with a chicken on it. Then you get the best of both worlds. That way you can work with both at the same time. Ok, my mind is on overtime.

Just keep moving forward :D

Lv2sew2011 06-05-2012 09:01 AM

Okie Dokie Sandy you twisted my arm...LOL Add me Looks like I have plenty of time to get them done...Lets start with 2 sets and then if I have time I will do more....

Donna

QuilterMomma 06-05-2012 09:19 AM

Whoo HOO, lookie Ms. Grace, we dragged Donna in on the fun. This is going to be one fantastic swap now!!! Doing the happy dance. Oh so it is Red who is doing the arm twisting, you are off the hook ms. Grace, it is Red.

Ms Grace 06-05-2012 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma (Post 5267078)
Here is an idea, knowing you like chickens, how about a fall background with a chicken on it. Then you get the best of both worlds. That way you can work with both at the same time. Ok, my mind is on overtime.

Just keep moving forward :D

I love your thinking.That would be the best of both world's. A chicken playing in the fall leaves......too cute!:)

Donna, glad you can come join us. Yep, Red is doing the arm twisting....it's not me....I'm too sweet!:D

RedGarnet222 06-05-2012 11:02 AM

Oh I can just picture that! I am just a short squat old lady. I couldn't do that. LOL! But, I am so glad to see you on the fall thread donna! Yippee!

Lv2sew2011 06-05-2012 07:54 PM

What a cute block!

Donna

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 (Post 5266889)
Here is the start of my first 6 blocks. A pieced and appliqued turkey. I need to add the last set of borders when I finish the details of its face. It will be a 12 /2" blocks when it is finished. You like??

moonrise 06-06-2012 04:34 AM

I'm trying to hold off about doing more swaps for the time being (the key word being "trying"! LOL!), but I have a thought. Since there's a separate Halloween swap going already, why not make this swap fall-themed only, with no Halloween blocks? That way those who celebrate Halloween can join the Halloween swap, and those wanting just fall-themed blocks can join this one. And those who enjoy both, can join both swaps! :thumbup:

Just an idea I thought I'd toss out. :)

I've got a number of UFO's I'm trying to work on, too. I know all too well about doing so many swaps that there's not much time for anything else! :o Heck, I've got a pile of swap blocks that's over TWO FEET TALL that I *still* haven't done anything with. Isn't that pathetic? ;)

rwquilts 06-06-2012 05:32 AM

Red, I love your turkey! I'm pretty sure I have a similar pattern to yours. Love it!