Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   "A Fall Fantasy" Funky Swap... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/fall-fantasy-funky-swap-t190644.html)

urgodschild2 10-16-2012 08:03 PM

Ok here is something that my daughter found out. She got a swollen toe and couldn't figure out what she had done. It was really swollen too. She had trouble walking etc. I told her she probably got bit by a spider. Anyways she told me to go buy some Arnica from the GNC store. I asked what it was. She said that it was a homeopathic product made from a plant. All natural. Well I went and got it for her. The guy there told me that people take it for all kinds of aches, pains, and injuries. I have no clue as I don't ususally use these products. Anyways my daughter took one pill and two hours later the swelling was way done and she could move her big toe again like normal. I was surprised. So maybe it would work on your knee??????? I have no idea. I had a bad right knee for a long time and finally had a replacement and it was the best thing I had done. I wonder now if this natural medicine would have prolonged the time involved before the replacement. Who knows.>???????

jaba 10-17-2012 07:22 AM

Arnica does work!! Don't know about aches and pains, but for swelling it's wonderful. Also bruises. Had a neighbor that was into all natural and when I was going to have cataract surgery she told me to take this for a couple of days before surgery and after. I did and the doctor was totally amazed that I only had swelling for 1 day and the "black eye" was gone in 2. I really bruise very easily and usually stays for a long time so this is great. Every 3 months I start taking it for a couple of days because I have to go for blood work to monitor the thyroid cancer and I don't get that swollen and bruised arm anymore. Arnica has certainly made my life easier.
Just got the bottle out and it says: For the temporary relief of minor muscle or joint aches and pain, sprains, bruises, backache or over-exertion. Pain, stiffness or swelling associated with acute injuries or trama. In the health food stores it is also under the name of Arnaca montana 30C. Bet it would work great for your knee, worth a try.

Mariposa 10-17-2012 08:07 AM

Arnica works great!

tracibug 10-17-2012 09:18 AM

Arnica is a wonderful natural product, you are even able to buy the cream at Wal-Mart.

jaba 10-17-2012 09:21 AM

Didn't know they had the cream, going to have to look for it for the aches and pains. Maybe it'll help with all my groans and moans :)

PinkLotus 10-17-2012 10:10 AM

Thanks guys about informing me of this product. I will have to give it a try...

QuilterMomma 10-17-2012 11:51 AM

Groans and moans, I don't think so, but the aches and pains that cause the groans and moans, could be.

Mariposa 10-17-2012 11:54 AM

Surely the groans and moans will be replaced with oooooohhhhs and aaaaaahhhhs when we get to see our lovely selections of blocks!
Thanks Red, for all your efforts! :)

jaba 10-17-2012 12:03 PM

Hey you two, don't rain on my parade. You know what they say, if you're convinced it feels better then it probably does, or something like that...works for me :)Am getting excited to see all of the blocks, should be fun. I'd sure hate the job of sorting them out though, very much appreciate the patience to do it.

RedGarnet222 10-17-2012 04:47 PM

OK EVERYONE THEY ARE ON THE WAY!! I just got back from the post office. :~) Have fun and let us know when they arrive, ok?