Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/favorite-things-tablerunner-mat-swap-sign-ups-close-january-10th-t236412.html)

tlambing 12-09-2013 05:52 PM

Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th

Favorite Things Tablerunner/Mat swap!! Sign ups Close January 10th

A Table Mat can be any shape that could be a centerpiece; this should be a minimum size of 16" across the longest point. For instance, a hexagon table mat that is 16" from one corner to another at its widest point and each of its six sides are 8".
A Table Runner should be a minimum size of 12"x28". Table runners are typically longer than they are wide.

How it works:
This swap will be a partnered swap. Each person will make a runner for the other.
Design and method will be up to each creator.
Partners shall not impose requirements or expectations upon each other.
Let it be a joyous surprise.

THE THEME IS: FAVORITE THINGS!
I’m suggesting that we each share a few of our favorite things with our partners. Such as (but not limited to) our favorite:

Color
Flower
Animal
Hobby
Activity
ETC......
*You can choose to share or not. This is merely a suggestion.*

Then our partners can choose one or more of our favorite things to fashion our runner/mat into a personalized gift :)

Design and method will be up to the creator but since this is something that will be on a table and likely spilled on, make sure whatever you make is washable on at least a gentle cycle. Good grade cottons only no homespuns or non cotton fabrics in this swap please. You should make something you would put on your own table at home. Take your time, there is no rush to get it out fast. Its better to be slow & steady and you will be pleased with what you send and your partner will be thrilled to receive it!

Please PM Tlambing with the following information by January 10th. She will then match up names and get them returned to you by January 12th. You will have until February 20th to mail the finished product. THIS IS A DEADLINE NOT A GUIDELINE Please do not participate if you believe you can not fulfill this time frame commitment. Please do not ask to join if you have outstanding/unfinished your commitments here on the QB.

Board Name:
Phone #: (this will NOT be given to your partner, this is for my use only in the event that a problem should arise)
Do you have any allergies:
Do you have any allergens (cats, dogs, smoker):
Can you ship international:
Do you have the ability to post pictures:

It is encouraged and acceptable to post pictures of fabric choices, progress, sneak peaks. I would love some lively conversation so lets keep this a fun forum to chat, bounce ideas off each other, assist each other as needed. There will never be a dumb question so ask if you need help. And above all else.. HAVE FUN! Encourage each other! ONE REQUIREMENT: you must post at least once a week so your partner and I know your alive and still in the game. I will be watching for your posts. Just say hi if you don't want to chat with us but get on the board and post something here please.

Please notify Tlambing as soon as possible if you feel you cannot complete your obligation. Please don’t sign up if you don’t think you can achieve a finished product in the time allotted.

People who fail to follow-through and do not notify Tlambing will be banned from any of my future swaps (should there be any) and your name may be given to other swap hosts. Obviously, things happen in life and I will certainly consider that, but you must communicate. I reach out fairly regularly to check on progress so there is no excuse for not telling us if there might be a delay.

So jump on board everyone and join the fun!

Now for the legalese.

****Please make sure to read the general rules that apply to all swaps here at the Quilting Board: ****

I am required to insist that participants send Tlambing a monthly PM to verify that they are still active in this swap and are working on their promised project.

I am required to insist that participants notify Tlambing as soon as they have finished their quilt and are ready to mail it.

Once I have received notice that both partners are done and ready to mail, I will send both a PM to let them know it’s time to mail.

I am required to insist that all participants send Tlambing verification of shipment, to include tracking information.

Participants are required to ensure packages will not arrive “postage due.”

Any and all other fees, such as import duties, taxes, etc imposed by the recipient’s government are the sole responsibility of the recipient.

Absent legitimate and reported mitigating circumstances, participants who have not fulfilled their obligation to ship by February, 20th shall be deemed “late” and risk receiving Negative [Swap] Feedback.

Please keep in touch with Tlambing as required. Please let her know right away if something happens that will interfere with your ability to complete your project on time.

Swappers should treat each other as friends and focus on the fun. So … please be prepared to be flexible, patient and understanding if necessary and appropriate.

Quilty-Louise 12-09-2013 05:56 PM

I would love to join.
Sending info.

Oksewnsew 12-09-2013 07:38 PM

I believe I'd like to join this one too. Sending info.

Jean

tlambing 12-09-2013 08:59 PM

We're off to a running start! Don't be shy. Come join in on the fun. Hope I see lots of returning players!

Likethedog 12-09-2013 09:26 PM

Raindrops on roses? Whiskers on kittens? Brown paper packages tied up with string? Plenty of options with this great theme!

Elisabrat 12-10-2013 05:10 AM

friends who help friends .. right there in my favorite things category. yahoo! your up and running!

tlambing 12-10-2013 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 6449294)
friends who help friends .. right there in my favorite things category. yahoo! your up and running!

My pleasure Brat.

FYI. I am running the swap this month so Elisabrat can take a little break. I'm sure after this brief respite she'll be back encouraging (cracking that whip) for us. I'm glad to be of help to our "Dear Friend"

Come join the fun folks. Lets keep the group going strong!

Likethedog 12-10-2013 03:21 PM

I really enjoyed making a Christmas table runner. This time, I'm thinking of a mat instead -- maybe six-sided?

tlambing 12-10-2013 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Likethedog (Post 6450315)
I really enjoyed making a Christmas table runner. This time, I'm thinking of a mat instead -- maybe six-sided?

Just looking online at pics of mats/runners has made my list of must tries a mile lllllooooonnnnggggggg. Haven't made a six side yet.

Rose Bagwell 12-10-2013 11:28 PM

I would love to do this one.