Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February 2013 Doll Quilt Swap "Strips and Stripes" Sign Up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-2013-doll-quilt-swap-strips-stripes-sign-up-t211287.html)

urgodschild2 02-27-2013 08:25 AM

Krystyna.....I am so encouraged by the back work. LOL. I am learning how to quilt on my machine. Doing the meandering seems easy at first but it can be tricky. I got hung up on trying so hard not to cross over a line. My quilt teacher told all of us.....why can't you cross over a line?????? Where is it written that you can't do that.???? So I am practicing the meandering like you. I love the colors of your quilt. Of course those are my colors anyways. LOL.

Krystyna 02-27-2013 08:29 AM

GirlLFJ - No, that was free motion quilting. I'm still learning. Looking forward to your return. In the meanwhile, practice, practice, practice!

Nancy in Louisiana 02-27-2013 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5892061)
Oooo! Nancy, I would love it if you could send me a photo of the stitching on the front. It was so hard to capture without the right light. And there is never the right light in this apartment. Sorry to have jumped the gun. :(

Will try to get closer shot ... will print and send to you

978gray 02-28-2013 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Nise received my little quilt the other day. Here is what I sent to her.

Krystyna 02-28-2013 11:14 AM

Nice work! Who doesn't love strips and stripes?

buslady 02-28-2013 11:32 AM

They have been fun!

Tulip 02-28-2013 12:24 PM

UrGodsChild2: nice pinwheels, super background choice and love the heart FMQ!
Krystyna: Your DQ color choices are amazing! My first thought was water and then coolness.
Quiltymom: Love the dk. blue pinwheel, the border frames it beautifully.
978 Gray: Do you give lessons on the perfect 1/4 inch seems? I can't wait till I grow up and my strips are that perfect!
Have enjoyed this months quilt show! :D

Krystyna 02-28-2013 01:20 PM

Tulip, you didn't sign up for March ... hint hint hint

quiltymom 02-28-2013 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 5894784)
UrGodsChild2: nice pinwheels, super background choice and love the heart FMQ!
Krystyna: Your DQ color choices are amazing! My first thought was water and then coolness.
Quiltymom: Love the dk. blue pinwheel, the border frames it beautifully.
978 Gray: Do you give lessons on the perfect 1/4 inch seems? I can't wait till I grow up and my strips are that perfect!
Have enjoyed this months quilt show! :D

Thankyou!!! I really liked it. Hope you signed up for March!!!!

Tulip 02-28-2013 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5894883)
Tulip, you didn't sign up for March ... hint hint hint

Ha Ha, I sent you a copy of my "sign up PM" or at least I think I did...(madly going through my sent box as fast as this old computer will go....ughhhh, I am really starting to dislike middle age! :thumbdown: I will send another just in case, gulp... Can you find me a partner? :o I can send chocolate...