Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February FQ Swap (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-fq-swap-t212507.html)

Vanogay 02-03-2013 07:48 AM

Brat, I cut two fat quarters off a piece of Mardi Gras-type fabric. It was a Hoffman from some years ago. Then I mixed that with golds, purples and green-dyed fabric. I think my partners will like it. I'll probably put some Mardi Gras beads in the box, though. You know, some Lagniappe (look that up in your Funk and Wagnel).

MaryMo 02-03-2013 09:32 AM

All those colors and beads traveling around ... should be a grand ol' marching time!

luvstoquilt 02-03-2013 09:41 AM

This sounds like fun. I will sign up for 1...and I am Irish ...(Sharon Ann Dolan) can't get more Irish than that!!!

mscupid804 02-03-2013 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5834722)
Just your brother? Not you? Different parents? LOL

HIS birthday is St Patrick's Day, not mine. Yes, we have the same parents. We're from Irish descent. We also have English and French in us.

luvstoquilt 02-03-2013 12:22 PM

Elizabrat, Is that your cat in your avatar? If so, can I have her? What an adorable picture!

jclinganrey 02-03-2013 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Vanogay (Post 5832551)
I'm late, but not too late. Signing up for 2. And hellos to Jaba and Jclinganrey. It's Mardi Gras colors for Feb - guess I have one or two of them!!!

- - hello to vanogay! Jane

tubsfam 02-03-2013 05:56 PM

Please count me in for 1

Elisabrat 02-03-2013 07:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
oh mine are much more boring than that. lol it is a cute cat though isnt it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]392992[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]392993[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]392994[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]392995[/ATTACH]

and those are my babies. they never sit still long enough for me to get a good photo. of course I am incredibly slow. Louie *lucifer is the one who hides in my cupboards. scares the living daylights out of me to open it and have someone looking back. that cupboard he goes 10 feet up and then opens it from the top and enters.I walk by close it thinking I left it open .. two hours later go to open it and tada! five years off my life.

auntpiggylpn 02-03-2013 07:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Elisabrat (Post 5836479)
oh mine are much more boring than that. lol it is a cute cat though isnt it.

and those are my babies. they never sit still long enough for me to get a good photo. of course I am incredibly slow. Louie *lucifer is the one who hides in my cupboards. scares the living daylights out of me to open it and have someone looking back. that cupboard he goes 10 feet up and then opens it from the top and enters.I walk by close it thinking I left it open .. two hours later go to open it and tada! five years off my life.

I have 5 cats but only 1 is curious and adventerous! Lily Pie is my quilting buddy and one day I was putting groceries away and I turned back to the fridge and what did I see? Lily Pie!!!

Elisabrat 02-03-2013 07:29 PM

oops what me inthe fridge? thought I saw a mousie!
too funny. I ran a kitten rescue. I had over a dozen at any given time bottle feeding til adoptable age. One night I was putting them all to bed in their crates and lost one. I looked and looked we had cupboards open couches raised on end under the bed with broom handles where the heck was the guy. figured he was napping somewhere good. went for something in the fridge the poor little guy was sitting there looking frozen. I felt like a horrible mom. I guess when I had last used it he had snuck in and well.. so glad I went back in the fridge. last place hell wasnt even looking there for him. he was such a tiny one maybe 4 to 5 weeks old. they would follow us like duckies in a row when we took them outside for an outing. miss those little ones. just not energized enough to do them right. did find this photo not to bore the cat haters out there but it was too cute to not post