Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-closed-january-31st-4pm-t212016.html)

luvstoquilt 02-07-2013 08:40 PM

Oh Lori she is just precious!

luvstoquilt 02-07-2013 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S (Post 5846108)
Guess you will have to wait to find out.

I don't mind waiting if it is me...just stay safe and warm. Thoughts are with all of you on the East Coast.

wanda lou 02-07-2013 09:27 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Wow It's been like Christmas in my house, this month I had two pals...
And I recieved my second package today...
a big thank you to reeskylr for a great package, she sent me a pair of pinking shears( something on my want list) and a blue mason jar filled with buttons ( both of them I collect) and best of all the jar is a number #3 and I don't have one , she also sent me lots of fabric, thread , lace, beads and buttons of all shape ands and sizes... I am one happy gal.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393838[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]393840[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]393836[/ATTACH]

reeskylr 02-07-2013 10:48 PM

I'm glad you like it Wanda Lou!! I had all those white buttons from that estate sale and since I don't do much with white, I figured you would with your crazy quilts. I know nothing about those jars, a friend was thinking one time to collect because they are supposed to be worth money, but apparently not. lol I hope the tiny white on white is tiny enough too. Have a great day!

wanda lou 02-08-2013 12:21 AM

The blue ones do hold value, the last one I bought I paid 10.00 for it, I am still looking for a number 13 those are hard to find, because in the alcohol making days they broke them into pieces, they thought they were bad luck... but one of these days I will find one.
I am so happy with my package... thank you so much.

mscupid804 02-08-2013 05:51 AM

SP HINTS:
My SP seems to be fairly new at this swap.
I haven't really seen any posts on here from them except maybe to say they were in for the swap.
Zip adds up to 19 in normal math, not krystyna's.
Has not even been a member of this QB for a year yet.
Does not have any pets.
New to quilting.
Has 3 vowels and 3 consonants in their name.
Lives south of me.

That is all! Will get pkg early next week and is a medium flat rate box!

Krystyna 02-08-2013 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy (Post 5845134)
They are paying replacement value. What it will cost to put your little cottage back!

No. Sad to say, they are NOT paying replacement value at all. So far I've gotten about $70,000. About $15,000 went for the rip out demolition. Not the demolition of the house. The bank has the rest of it. Each engineer will be about $5,000. The lawyer is getting a LOT that he didn't earn. The money is flying out the door at a mind boggling pace with nothing to show for it. I got $6100 for a new roof and new garage door and roof. Maybe I could get them made out of cardboard at that price. Not even going to talk about the contents settlements. The bottom line is you have to fight for every last penny.

Lori Peercy 02-08-2013 06:08 AM

Sorry Krystyna. I will be gone all day today going to Des Moines. Taking Marty to John Stoddard Cancer Center for appt. Talk to you when I get back. Lori

LindaR 02-08-2013 06:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I don't think I will get my package today...LOL first major snow in Michigan this year so can't complain...DH is getting ready to move it all...will take him all day...

Krystyna 02-08-2013 06:26 AM

Lori, what an adorable little girl! How could you bear to leave her?

Jill, I don't care for centipedes either. Stink bugs? Hmmm ... I'll have to rethink the south! A friend of ours lives in Stone Mountain, GA and my sister-in-law is in Smyrna, TN. Both love where they are. But then I used to love where I was/am. As long as my son is willing to relocate, I'm good.

Now to figure out the important things - is there a Joann nearby? A church? Decent health care? A low cost exterminator/trapper -- just in case there are unpleasant critters!

SP, hoping to make something for you today before the power goes out.

Everyone in Nemo's path -- be careful! Stay warm!

Linda, how beautiful!