Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-closed-january-31st-4pm-t212016.html)

clsurz 02-10-2013 06:48 AM

FEB SP #1 and #2........... your package is going out first thing in the morning.

JAN SP ....angel fulfillment ....... your package is going out first thing in the morning.

ENJOY!

quiltingdragon 02-10-2013 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 5850999)
No - I don't think so. The fact she had cats means she likes them.
When someone is grieving we're always afraid of 'upsetting' them, or making them cry, but this is part of the grieving process. (I'm not suggesting anyone should do anything to deliberately upset someone in order to bring on this process!) By giving her cat fabric, this recognises the fact that you read her story and know she likes cats - IMHO.

Thanks, Knitette! I think i'm going to make her a kitty cat scrap bag and pull some purples from my stash for her.

mscupid804 02-10-2013 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon (Post 5851773)
Thanks, Knitette! I think i'm going to make her a kitty cat scrap bag and pull some purples from my stash for her.

That's very nice QD.:thumbup:

Krystyna 02-10-2013 11:47 AM

Thank you for letting us know about Jill's situation. I want to share some of the generous abundance I received and actually just wrote to her to ask about the cat fabric. If I hear back, I'll let you know the response.

Originally Posted by quiltingdragon (Post 5850858)
Hi all - I was chatting with someone else on the board, and she told me a horrible story about one of the quilters on the board. Her iron caught fire, and she lost her entire house, including all three pets. She herself spent 7 weeks in the burn unit before finally coming home a few weeks ago. I don't know Jill, but I am going to send a small package of things to rebuild her stash.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/request...ml#post5850236

My question is this. I am going to make her a scrap bag from my favorite pattern, some pins, and pull some fabric from my stash (i've been told she likes purple) I was told she had a dog and two cats, do you think it is too soon for cat fabric? Should I just make a purple one? I'm not sure and would value any opinions. Thanks.

Vanuatu Jill 02-10-2013 12:04 PM

What a tragedy she has endured. Just sent a PM so I can send her a package, too. I have dog and cat fabrics I could send, but will wait to see if K gets a response. My DH is ALWAYS nagging me about my iron being left on, and I keep telling him it has an auto shut off, and is just asleep, waiting for me to wake it up.

Lstew2212 02-10-2013 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by buddy'smom (Post 5849294)
This was my package. Hope you enjoy it!: )

Wow, I would love everything in this package. I hope it is me.

sewdamncute 02-10-2013 06:53 PM

To my SP....
Your package is ready, the weather is just NOT cooperating! Dug out of 30 inches of snow this weekend, and tomorrow we are in for some delightful freezing rain...happy, happy, joy, joy! So in the mail on Tuesday.
Favorite colors yellow and blue!

Vanuatu Jill 02-10-2013 07:37 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well, my SP didn't post a photo of her pkg, so I thought I would for her. I asked if she wanted me to, but got no reply, so here it is-minus the Chaco refill I picked up at my LQS on the way to the PO. I am glad I took a pic before sending it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]394467[/ATTACH] which one is upside down????

Grandma Peg 02-10-2013 07:46 PM

Catpowski glad liked your package.
Jill so sorry to hear about tragedy. Prayers.

jaba 02-10-2013 08:44 PM

My 2nd SP's has also been delivered but haven't heard anything from her yet. Waiting for mine to make there way here. May take awhile with all the snow everyone has been getting. Corrections, that some of us are getting. Wish I had the nice sunshine.