Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-closed-january-31st-4pm-t212016.html)

sweetwaterquilter 02-23-2013 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5882349)
I can't wait for the March sign up! We are off to an estate sale that says ... "89 year old" ... "vintage mannequins, pincushions, loaded room of sewing ..." I have to be careful. Very little room in this apartment unless I start hanging things from the ceiling. Hmmmm .... I wonder ... :shock:

You have heard of sky hooks, haven't you? I've never actually seen them but I've heard people talking about them.

That maybe something you should look into.

Crafty Darlene 02-23-2013 08:37 AM

Oh Krystyna wish I was going with you, sounds like alot of fun even if you don't buy it all! LOL!

sweetwaterquilter 02-23-2013 09:00 AM

I'm officially off the bench today. Recieved a package from SharonCase. Some pretty, bright colored fat quarters, a pretty pair of embroidery scissors, pins, notebook, pretty table topper with raspberries on it. Yummy Raisinettes, my favorite. A cute apple shaped zipper bag, all in a little straw basket. Nice package.

Quilty-Louise 02-23-2013 09:27 AM

I can't wait for the March sign ups again.

Of course I am always ready for that LOL.

My new glasses are still giving me a slight headache, but not nearly
as bad as yesterday.

Glad to see all the wonderful packages that everyone is getting.

Lori hope you get to feeling better soon.

K - I know exactly what you mean about a small space. Our condo
is only 750 sq ft and packed to the brim. I have selves everywhere
but still not enough space for anything.
Which is why I am getting ready to "downsize" my stash some so that
I can eliminate some of the "junk" that is in the way of the good stuff.

Happy weekend everyone. I am off to TRY and see how it goes for me
with a sewing machine in these new glasses.

Krystyna 02-23-2013 10:40 AM

Louise, have you thought about selling your excess on Etsy?
Not sure if we're going to the sale. It's rainy and drippy and double thinking about spending money unnecessarily.

Nancy in Louisiana 02-23-2013 10:54 AM

But it is necessary when it comes to sewing -- that's why its called "retail therapy". I did a little myself yesterday at Hancocks. Even using sales and coupons, the measly pile of fabric pieces I purchased still came to almost $90!!! I suppose in addition to all the increases in cotton goods we also have to pay for increased shipping costs, increased wages, increased medical care for the workers, .... Now I'm looking for a quick pattern for a child's backpack (Need to make three by Thursday). The cost of patterns, unless you hit the 99 cent sales that never occur when I need them, is totally insane. I fear sewing will become a lost art before long.

Quilty-Louise 02-23-2013 11:54 AM

Well not so much on Etsy, but I DO have an artfire account set up
to sell from. Might try both see how it goes AFTER I can get it sorted.

And I just listed my first thing on ebay to sell (pair of sunglasses).

Need to finish to "sorting" process to see what I am giving to my
daughter (she is only getting a limited amount), and what I intend
to sell.

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5882761)
Louise, have you thought about selling your excess on Etsy?
Not sure if we're going to the sale. It's rainy and drippy and double thinking about spending money unnecessarily.

tedytrser 02-23-2013 02:26 PM

Feb Swap

2 Attachment(s)
Hi there everyone, look at the goodies that I received from Sandy (catpawski). The very pretty material will be very pretty in the mug rugs that I am working on. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

catjo 02-23-2013 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana (Post 5882785)
But it is necessary when it comes to sewing -- that's why its called "retail therapy". I did a little myself yesterday at Hancocks. Even using sales and coupons, the measly pile of fabric pieces I purchased still came to almost $90!!! I suppose in addition to all the increases in cotton goods we also have to pay for increased shipping costs, increased wages, increased medical care for the workers, .... Now I'm looking for a quick pattern for a child's backpack (Need to make three by Thursday). The cost of patterns, unless you hit the 99 cent sales that never occur when I need them, is totally insane. I fear sewing will become a lost art before long.

Nancy, I haven't made this, but most of her stuff is fairly quick and easy. http://indietutes.blogspot.com/2009/...k-pattern.html

fayzer 02-23-2013 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana (Post 5882785)

Here is a tutorial for a child's backpack. Just scroll down a little