Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   February Secret Pal Swap Closed January 31st 4pm (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/february-secret-pal-swap-closed-january-31st-4pm-t212016.html)

leiladylei54 02-26-2013 07:53 AM

I heard from my SP last night that her mailing was late and her tracking says it should arrive on Thursday or Friday. I was very glad to hear from her and due to her PM, I can be patient to wait longer. I think that when the Swap package is this late in the game, it's a good idea to let your partner know. I know that I am more than willing to wait now that I've heard from her.

Vicki W 02-26-2013 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54 (Post 5889679)
I heard from my SP last night .

I am so glad that your package is on it's way.

leiladylei54 02-26-2013 09:56 AM

I'm just glad to hear from my SP more than anything. It certainly makes the waiting so much easier. Hope tracibug and pbadder hear from theirs.

tracibug 02-26-2013 10:02 AM

I always say that someone has to come in last and I am secure enough to have it be me. I'll take February for the team, ladies!!

Hoping nothing tragic happened to my partner as I do understand how life happens and foil our best intentions.

brenda21 02-26-2013 08:40 PM

I can tell two of you that are on the bench that your packages will be arriving on Thursday....they were mailed in flat rate envelopes that needed taped up to close....they were sent back and I was told that they must close flat without being taped up or you will not be allowed to pay the flat rate....had to repackage in flat rate bubble envelopes which actually hold more anyway...so there is one on the way again to CA and OH.....

tracibug 02-26-2013 09:49 PM

Bah! What postal bunk is this?!?

I get flat rates in all shapes and sizes, someone there just has to ruin it for us creative types.

So sorry you had to deal with the reship.

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5891249)
I can tell two of you that are on the bench that your packages will be arriving on Thursday....they were mailed in flat rate envelopes that needed taped up to close....they were sent back and I was told that they must close flat without being taped up or you will not be allowed to pay the flat rate....had to repackage in flat rate bubble envelopes which actually hold more anyway...so there is one on the way again to CA and OH.....

Krystyna 02-27-2013 05:16 AM

I found a way around the tape issue -- position your label sideways and then since you have to put tape on it to keep it on the label, you can let it overlap the flap!

brenda21 02-27-2013 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5891684)
I found a way around the tape issue -- position your label sideways and then since you have to put tape on it to keep it on the label, you can let it overlap the flap!

ahhhh...very wise grasshopper....I did order a batch of free padded flat rates and they do hold more....

sweetwaterquilter 02-27-2013 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5891249)

I put tape on the flat rate bubble envelopes and the flat envelopes all the time with no problem at all. Guess it depends on who sees it at the post office.

buslady 02-28-2013 11:39 AM

I received a wonderful surprise from my swap partner in Japan. GiiJin, I think that is right,. She was actually who I sent a package to this month. She returned a package to me with a very lovely pc of "Made in Japan" fabric and a lovely note. I am hoping this is the beginning of a great friendship. Thank you Deborah!!!